IX : walking

they walked out through the back door and a blush was prominent on changkyun's cheeks

they walked out through the back door and a blush was prominent on changkyun's cheeks. he felt so nervous around shownu, he hasn't felt like this since his ex boyfriend.

"now do you mind telling me about your past?" shownu asked with a small smile as the light from his patio began to dim. he turned on the flashlight on his cellphone and pointed it downwards.

he knew how it felt having a bright light in his face and he knew changkyun wouldn't like that. "i've been in and out of foster homes until i turned eighteen last year and my friend took me in, the one who sold the house to you" he explained to his new 'friend.'

"then as soon as i turned eighteen i had just turned a year with my boyfriend, that's when he started being mean to me" changkyun mumbled the word. he felt so insecure talking about what his last boyfriend did to him.

suddenly he paused and stopped walking which made shownu stop in his tracks as well. "i just fucking outed myself to you!" he yelled at himself in anger and disgust.

shownu stared at the boy in confusion as pink began to dust his cheeks, at least now he knows one more important detail. changkyun felt tears brimming his eyes and saw his house right down the path.

"i have to go" changkyun muttered as he began to walk down the path quickly. shownu snapped back into reality and dropped his phone before running after his new friend.

his hand grabbed his petite wrist before spinning the boy and bringing him into a warm hug. changkyun froze and allowed it to happen, his tears fell down his pale face as he slowly wrapped himself around shownu.

"i still want to be your friend" shownu whispered which made changkyun shut his eyes softly. "and i don't see you any different about that or what your previous boyfriend ever did to you, but i won't let you experience that again" shownu whispered.

"i promise"

*

part 9