Chapter 1

***Be sure to read Til' Death Do Us Part 1 first ****

So Jayla and Asia split the company in half. Jayla brings up the ideas and collects the income for the clothing. Asia brings up ideas for skin, hair care, and other beauty products and collects the income from that.

"Jayla I'm telling you Blue looks better", Asia said.

"Red looks better", Jayla disagreed.

Asia's phone rings and she looks at who's calling.

"Oh boy", Asia said as she answered it.

"School?", Jayla asked.

Asia nods. "Hello?... yes this is she... okay be right there", Asia said before she hung up.

"What happened now", Jayla asked.

"I swear this boy is gonna make me have a heart attack as much as he got me stressing", she said getting up. "He got in a fight again"

"Lord. I don't know what you're going to do with him", Jayla said.

"Him? No not just him. Nicole too. She had some little boy in my house and he was like 17. She's only 15 years.",Asia said.

"She having sex?", Jayla asked.

Asia nods. "I don't know how long it's been going on. She says she ain't though but I'm putting her on birth control", she said.

"Did you try talking to her?", Jayla asked.

"Yea but.. she isn't going to listen. I know she isn't", Asia said. "But I have to go"

"That boy and her better be lucky Josh isn't here. She probably would've killed that boy", Jayla said.

"Yea I wish he was. Somebody needs to help me with these kids", she said. "They've gone crazy", Asia said walking out the door.

————————

Asia walked into the office.

"Hello Mrs. White", said the principal.

"Hello", said Asia as she looked at Jakobi.

Jakobi looked away.

Asia sat down and looked at the principal.

"Mrs. White, I'm sure you know that Jakobi has been getting himself in some trouble lately. Is everything going okay at home?", he asked.

"Yes. Everything is fine", she said.

The principal nodded. "Well.. I don't know what to tell you. If he gets in trouble again I'm going to have to expel him", he said.

Asia nods. "Jakobi can you sit outside for me please?", she asked.

Jakobi got up and walked out.

"He doesn't talk to me at home.. so I was wondering if you could tell me what's been going on... if you knew", she asked.

"Well... I believe it's gang-related", the principal said. "Or... it's probably just because of not having a father figure in life"

Asia looked down.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Joshua. I know that's who you were married to. He used to go here before he dropped out. Jakobi reminds me of him... mad all the time... always getting in trouble. I don't want him to get in the wrong direction of life", the principal said.

"Neither do I", Asia said.

"I have been trying my best to look after Jakobi. If I didn't pull strings, he was supposed to be expelled a long time ago", he said.

Asia nods. "I'll try and talk to him.. again", Asia said. "Thank you for your help"

The principal nods. "I'm here if you need me for any advice"

Asia nods and gets up and walks out of the office. "Come on", Asia said.

Jakobi got up and followed her.

————————

"Two weeks Jakobi. Suspended for 2 weeks.. again", Asia yelled as she was driving.

"He shouldn't have talked shit", Jakobi said.

"Who are you talking to like that?", Asia questioned.

"I'm sorry", Jakobi said.

"Okay, exactly", Asia said. "You gotta stop letting people get to you, Josh! I mean Jakobi", she quickly corrected herself.

Jakobi shakes his head and looks out the window.

"Ya know.. I wish he was here. Everybody gets their dad, but me? I don't", Jakobi said.

Asia was silent.

"But it ain't even the reason I been fighting. So don't think it's because I'm mad at the world", Jakobi said.

"So why are you fighting?", Asia asked.

"Them niggas was talking about my dad. Saying that he let you distract him from his game and he became weak... they said he died because he was weak", Jakobi said. "My dad was not weak, he ruled this fucking city"

"Jakobi?!", Asia said.

Jakobi was silent.

"And your dad did not die weak, he was never weak," Asia said.

"Yea. I know the story mom", Jakobi said. "I know"

"Kobi... I love you to death. And the principal said something about you being involved in something gang-related??", Asia asked. "You know how I feel about that!"

"Mom chill", he said.

"I'm your mother, you don't tell me to chill", she said. "You're not going to be apart of any gang"

"I'm not", he said.

"You better not", she said.

Jakobi looks at her.

Asia looks at him then back at the road. "I'll have G talk to you", Asia said.

"He the one who told me to beat they ass from the start", he said.

"Oh really?", Asia asked. "Okay"

———————————

Asia pulls up to G's house and G and his friends are sitting on the porch.

"Ay who that?", one of his friends asked.

Asia gets out of the car looking mad.

"Oh shit", G said as he saw her and then Jakobi in the car. G got up. "Hey sis", he said.

"Don't sis me", she said. "When I tell you to talk to my son, you tell him positive shit. Not no shit that's gonna her him in trouble"

"Ay listen. Like I told him, you can't let people think you weak", g said. "I didn't necessarily say to fight"

"You basically said that", Asia said.

"Listen, the boy gotta live up to dad's legacy. He ain't no bitch, he ain't take no shit from nobody and you know that. Jakobi too much like his dad to just talk to him.", G said. "He's gonna do what he wants to. Trust me I tried talking to him. I Tired to calm him down. If he doesn't listen, he's going to have to learn from experience"

"G.. that is my kid I want the best for him. Josh would not want this. He wouldn't want any of this and you of all people should know that!", Asia shouted.

G was silent.

Asia shakes her head. "You're such a big help G. Thanks, thanks a lot for making my parenting easier", she said as she got in the car.

G walked back to the porch.

Asia drives off.

"Damn, she just gets finer and finer as she age", one his friends say.

"Ay watch your mouth. That's my homeboy wife", G said.

"My bad", he said.

TO BE CONTINUED. . .