Chapter 59

Later that night, Asia cooked dinner.

"Nicole can you please change the channel? I don't wanna watch this", Kim said.

"Yesterday I had to watch those stupid cartoons. It's my turn", Nicole said.

"Nicole!", Asia said as she was in the kitchen. "Change it"

Nicole rolls her eyes. "Fine", Nicole said as she gave Kim the remote.

Kim sticks her tongue out.

"I thought a little sister would be better than Jakobi but I change my mind", Nicole said.

Asia walks in the living room. "Okay, ladies I'm done", Asia said to Kim and Nicole.

"Finally. It smells so good, I'm starving", Nicole said.

"Me too", Kim said.

They got up and started walking to the kitchen. Asia stopped Nicole and let Kim go.

"What is your problem?", Asia asked.

"What are you talking about", Nicole said.

"Being mean to Kim", Asia said.

"We're just playing mom", Nicole said. "She knows that"

"...well...you two must be getting close", Asia said.

"Yea", Nicole said.

Jamal comes in the house.

Nicole goes in the kitchen.

"You're late", Asia said.

"I know. I got back and I had a ton of work", Jamal said. "And I went to see Rae real quick"

Asia nods.

"Food smells good. What you cooked?", he asked.

"Something you can't get until you answer something for me", Asia said.

"Okay?", Jamal said.

"Why did you call Jayla?", Asia asked.

Jamal looks to the side and shakes his head and mumbles, "I told that girl not to say nothing"

"Well she did", Asia said. "And I don't like that.. I don't like how you asked her about my depression. I don't like how you asked her how I acted during that"

"Well Asia you're not telling me anything", Jamal said.

"I'm not telling you anything because nothing is wrong with me", Asia said.

"Well you're acting different.. like you're worried or sad", Jamal said. "And why did you tell me about what happened to Rae last night?"

"I forgot but Jamal don't go behind my back again and call my friends having them think something is wrong with me. I'm good", Asia said.

Jamal was quiet.

Asia walked to the kitchen.

Jamal took his jacket off and tossed it on the couch.

—————————-

As everybody got done eating Asia picked up Nicole and Kim's plate after they went upstairs and started to wash them.

Jamal was still eating then suddenly got up and walked to the fridge to get some more juice. He looks at the bottom and sees a wine bottle then looks at Asia. He remember what Nicole told him about how she used to drink a lot. Then he looks back in the fridge and gets a bottle of juice and pours it into his cup and put the juice back in the fridge.