Chapter 5

"Josh? You cannot be mad at G", Asia said.

"Yes. I can he stabbed me in the back", Josh said.

"Stabbed you in the back? Josh nobody can help the way they feel about somebody, no matter how hard they try. At the end of the day he apologized, he didn't mean to do it okay? He didn't even ask me or none of that", Asia said.

Josh was silent.

"You gotta realize. He helped me with those kids for 14 years. So, we have gotten close. We've gotten to know each other better.. he cant help his feelings Josh. You dont ask for the feelings they just come", Asia said.

Josh sighed. "Still.. he stabbed me in the back", Josh said.

"But yet you aren't mad at me?", Asia said.

"Because you were vulnerable", Josh said.

"Listen.. that man doesn't want to do anything to mess up yall friendship, trust me. If he wanted me he would've been asked me a long time ago. But he didn't ask, because he respected you", Asia said.

Josh sighed. "So I should apologize?", Josh asked.

"You should apologize", Asia said. "That's your best friend. He was with you from the beginning from what I understand. Other than me, he took your death the hardest. That's how much he cared for you.. well what we thought was your death", Asia said .

"I'll think about it", Josh said as he got up. "I'm going to get some fresh air", she said walking out.

Jakobi comes downstairs.

Asia looks at him.

"Mom, I got a question", He said.

"What?", Asia asked.

"... do you think I should forgive dad?", Jakobi asked.

"Of course I do. Your sister can, I can, so you need to too... but at the same time I can't make you forgive somebody. That's something you do on your own but Ill say this one thing though.. every decision he made in the last 14 years was for you and your sister", asia said.

Jakobi nods.

Asia walks upstairs.

Jakobi walks outside.

"Hey dad?", Jakobi said.

"Dad? Well.. is this one of the things you and your sister do when you want something? I may be new here but you can't fool me"

Jakobi smiles and shakes his head. "No dad... I just wanted to let you know that I forgive you", Jakobi said. "And I'm sorry"

Josh nods. "Best thing I heard since I came back", Josh said.

Jakobi nods.

"Ya know.. now that we're cool. Maybe you can get me off punishment", Jakobi said.

Josh chuckles. "Hey, your mom isn't gonna fuss at me."

Jakobi sighs. "Okay", he said.

"But... I'll see what I can do", Josh said.

Jakobi smiled. "Thanks", he said as he went back in the house.

———————————-

A week later and everything is going smoothly. The kids are getting closer to Josh slowly but surely.

Asia and Nicole were waiting at the car while waiting for Josh and Jakobi to get to the car.

"You never thought about doing track or football or basketball or something", Josh asked Jakobi.