Chapter 70

Later that day Asia, Nicole and the baby got to the house. And got settled in. Jamal had went out and brought KJ (Kobi, the baby's, nickname) a crib before they got there.

"Thank you Jamal, I really appreciate it", Nicole said. "Mom doesn't want me to get a job because she wants me to focus on school but I'm going to get one and pay you back"

"It's okay Nicole", Jamal said. "And if your mom said don't get one then don't"

Nicole looked at KJ. I'm surprised he's not crying.

"Don't speak too soon", Jamal said as he walked out the room.

He walks downstairs to see Asia laying on the couch with a blanket on her watching T.V.

Jamal stops at the steps and look at her.

Asia looks at him and sits up and turned the T.V. Off

"I didn't mean to interrupt ", he said.

"No...I think we should talk", she said. "Sit"

Jamal walks to the couch and sits next to her.

"How do you feel about me and where does this relationship go?", she asked.

"Well... the relationship goes the way you want it. I'm 100% here...and how do I feel? I mean like...I feel dumb to trust you with him. I shouldn't have even left. You were going through a rough time...your son died I should've been there"

"And unfortunately you had to work", Asia said.

"And unfortunately I let something happen that I was afraid of", he said.

Asia was quiet.

"But...it's not your fault... I don't even blame him. Y'all both were in a bad state. Y'all only had each other to comfort", he said. "I don't know what you said to him and I don't know what he said to you... and if we're going to continue this relationship again, I think it's time for a fresh start so I don't wanna know...the only thing I wanna know is who do you wanna spend the rest of your life with"

"You", Asia replied. "Josh and I talked and we both know it's best for us to be apart, not saying that I wanted to be with him again but I'm saying that he knows he was wrong and he knows I belong with you"

Jamal sits back.

"And I do", she said as she laid her head on his chest and smiled.

Jamal kept a straight face.

"I love you so much Jamal", Asia said.

Jamal rubs his hands through her hair and kisses her forehead.

Asia lifts her head up and looks at him.

"What?", he asked.

"Do you feel the same", Asia asked.

"Right now...it's taking me a whole lot to trust you. I mean I trust you but it isn't all there ya know. I love you but I can't fully love you unless I fully trust you", he said.

Asia nods. "That's understandable", she said.

"But if I should trust you then we'll get through this no matter what. Every couple goes through a rough time in life so I guess this is ours", he said.