Chapter 39

Jamal got out his car and knocked on Vanessa's door. Vanessa opened the door and smiled. "Hey Jamal", she said.

"Can I come in?", he asked.

"Of course", she said.

Jamal walks in the apartment and Vanessa shuts the door behind him.

"Your apartment is coming along good", he said.

"Thank you", Vanessa said.

Jamal turns to look at her.

Vanessa was close to him. "So why'd you come?", she asked.

Jamal looked down at her and a took a few steps back. "Came to take about that shit you tried today", Jamal said.

"What?", Vanessa asked.

"With Asia?", Jamal said.

"Oh no.. she's the one who tried some shit. I guess she's jealous of me being back in the picture", Vanessa said.

"She's the main one who talked me into bringing you back in the picture", Jamal said. "She knew what it was like to loose her mom and didn't want Kim to grow up anymore without one so that's the only reason we she pushed me. If she didn't you would not be here"

Vanessa nods. "Well she must be a good actress if she got you fooled into thinking she cared", Vanessa said.

Jamal shakes his head.

"You must have told her we kissed the night I met Kim... probably why she threaten me today", Vanessa said.

"I didn't kiss you, you kissed me", Jamal said.

"And you kissed back Jamal. I felt it", she said.

"Vanessa listen. It will never be us again", he said. "Get that shit outta your head"

"I don't want you Jamal", she said.

"That's not what Asia told me", Jamal said.

"And you believe her? Let's be real, that bitch ain't perfect. She lies like every other human out her", Vanessa said.

"Listen I ain't come here for you to fuck with  my head up, I could care less about what you saying right now. Just don't fuck with her Iight?", Jamal said. "Only person you need to be worried about is our daughter"

"That is the only person I'm worried about", Vanessa said. "I'm not worried about you and her"

Jamal started at her to see if she was lying.

Vanessa kept a serious face and stared at him too. "What?", she asked.

Jamal shakes his head. "Nothing", he said. "Imma leave".

"Okay", she said. "And you don't have to worry about me talking to her like that again. I don't like her"

Jamal shakes his head and walked out the house and got in his car.

Vanessa smirks and grabs her phone and starts texting.

———————————-

When Jamal got back to his house, Asia was eating with Nicole.

"Hey, I hope it was okay for Nicole to come over. Josh was going out and she's grounded so he wanted me to keep an eye on her", she said.

"Which is so unnecessary", Nicole said.

"That's fine. You ain't gotta ask. Nicole is always welcomed", Jamal said. "But let me talk to you in my room"