Chapter 6

A few nights later Jayla decided to have a 'get together' at her house but really we're just getting Josh and G together in one room.

Asia watched Josh getting dress and sees that's he missed a button. "Hold on honey", she said as she got up and button his shirt up the right way.

"Can I ask you something?", Josh asked.

"Okay.. shoot", Asia said.

"... why haven't you found anybody else", he asked.

Asia shrugs her shoulders. "It's just hard for me to trust people... especially all those things that happened. I kept thinking about all the stuff that can happen to me or the kids. I thought maybe it was better to be alone", Asia said.

Josh nods. "How you feel about me?", he asked.

"What do you mean?", she asked.

"Well.. before I um left, we were on the edge of getting a divorce", he said. " you didn't feel the same way about me"

Asia was silent.

"I just wanna know... is it because you thought I was dead and now I'm not so this is just you missing me... or is it you loving me?", Josh asked. "You haven't said I love you since I been here"

"That's not true", Asia said.

"Well let me know when you did then", he said.

Asia was silent.

"Exactly", Josh said.

"Asia just stop asking me dumb questions", she said.

"Is that your new way of ignoring things?", Josh asked. "Nicole been catching me up to detail on a lot"

Asia looks at the time. "We're late", she said.

"Of course", Josh said.

Asia walked out the room and so did Josh.

Josh went in Nicole's room.

"If anybody and I mean anymore comes in the house. Imma have something for them when I get back do you understand?", Josh asked.

Nicole nods quickly.

"And don't go no where", he said.

"Okay", She said.

Josh walks in Jakobi's room and sees a shoe box next to him. Josh looks at the shoe box and then at Jakobi. "Same goes for you, nobody in my house", Josh said.

"Okay", Jakobi said as he stood up and walks to his desk.

Josh nods and walks out and downstairs.

——————————

Josh and Asia walk in Jayla house.

"Ain't nobody here", Josh said as he sees G. "Oh... I see"

"I knew it", G said as he got up.

"No you stay", Asia said.

G stops.

"You two need to settle this. Like tonight... your bond is too strong to be acting like this", Asia said. "Talking in private, in front of us , I don't care but y'all need to stop"

"Josh is the one that needs to apologize. I said I was sorry already", G said.

It was silence for a moment.