Chapter 17

Last that evening Asia was done cooking and put the plates of lasagna in front of Kobi and Zay.

"Damn this shit look good", he said.

"Well hopefully it tastes the same as it looks", Asia said.

Asia puts give a plate to G.

Zay takes a bite of the food. "Oh yea, this is great", he said.

"I'll be back. I forgot my phone upstairs", Jakobi said as he got up and jogged upstairs.

"Tell your sister dinner is ready too", Asia said.

Jakobi didn't say anything.

"I don't think he heard you", G said.

"Of course he didn't", Asia said as she walked out the kitchen and upstairs.

"You Josh friend right?", Zay asked.

"Well.. not anymore. But how you know that?", G asked.

"Funeral", Zay said.

G nods.

"So I'm guessing you heard about me in my younger days", Zay said. "Josh hated my ass but I don't blame him"

"Why don't you blame him", G asked.

"Cause he knew I liked Asia. I could've took Asia from him if I wanted to", Zay said. "At the end of the day, I did kinda get her pregnant"

G was silent.

"You think she seeing somebody now?", Zay asked.

"She is", G said.

"Damn...", Zay said.

"Why?", G asked.

"What you mean why? Asia is gorgeous, she's funny, I always liked her personality and just being around her makes me feel 100 times better if I had a bad day", Zay said.

G nods. "Yea she is amazing", G said.

"Yea. Who ever she talking to is lucky", Zay said. "I'm happy for her through. She finally got out of that toxic relationship"

"Yea I guess I am lucky", G said.

Zay makes a face.

"Oh.. that's right. I'm the one she's dating", G said.

"So you just let me say all that?", Zay asked.

"Yea.. I wanted to see where your head was at", G said.

Zay nods.

"You respectful so I don't have no problem with you", G said.

Zay shrugs his shoulders. "I honestly don't care if you got a problem with me or not.. but yea I ain't the nigga who fuck up people relationships", he said. "And I Damn sure ain't the nigga who date they friend girl either. I mean like is the divorce even final?", Zay asked.

G looks at him and puts in fork down.

Jakobi comes in the kitchen.

G pauses and picks his fork back up.

"Y'all good?", asked Jakobi.

"I am.. how about you G?", Zay asked.

"I'm good", G said.

Asia comes in the kitchen with Nicole.

Zay looks at Nicole. "Dang you look like yo mama", Zay said.

"You really were lying. A NBA player is really in our house", Nicole said.

Asia hands Nicole her plate. "Eat up", Asia said.

"Thanks", Nicole said as she walked to the table.

Asia looks at G and he looks disturbed. Asia makes a face and then fixes her plate.

———————-

After they finished dinner, Zay sat with the kids and talked for a while then he left. Nicole and Jakobi went upstairs to their room to do homework so G and Asia were felt downstairs.

"You okay?", Asia asked.

"Yes", Asia G.

"You didn't look like you were at the table", Asia said.

"Asia I'm good alright", G said. "Dude just pissed me off a little"

"What did he say?", she asked

"Nothing", he said.

Asia was silent.

"Cause at the end of the day I'm a new person and all I wanna do it be in love with you so nothing else matters", G said.

Asia's eyes got wide.

G looks at her and then realizes what he said. "And my dumb ass just told you, I loved you", he said. "Forget I said that"

Asia looks down. "It's okay G.. I just don't really know what to say to that. I just got out of a relationship that I've been holding on to for so long.. I just-", Asia was cut off.

"It's okay Asia. You don't have to explain yourself. You don't have to love me back at the moment .. but I'm sorry to put that on you. It slipped out.. but it is true that's how I feel", G said.

Asia didn't say anything.

Jakobi was at the stairs listening in after G said that he went upstairs to Nicole's room.

"Guess what", Jakobi said.

"What?", she asked.

"G and mom are dating", he said.

"No", said Nicole. "Stop lying"

"Dead ass", Jakobi said.

"I knew it. I knew this liked each other", Nicole said.

"Yea but I don't respect that. G and dad are friends", Jakobi said.

"True, but I don't care. If mama is happy that means she'll let us do stuff", Nicole said.

"Ain't you suppose to be depressed?", Jakobi asked.

"Mama said don't let what happened to me define me so I'm not going to. I'm going to enjoy my teenage life while I can.. just no boys", Nicole said.

Jakobi nods.

"Now bye. Get out my room", Nicole said.

"Shut up", Jakobi said as he walked in the hall. "Ugly ass"

"Bitch ass!", Nicole said loud enough for Jakobi to hear. "Shut my door!"

Jakobi comes back and pushes the door open more and walks to his room.

Nicole gets up and slams the door.

TO BE CONTINUED....