Chapter 27

A few days later Asia is starting to feel some of the side effects of the therapy she had yesterday, fatigue to be exact.

"I need all these orders shipped by the week of the week", Asia demanded.

Asia walked to the coffee table for some coffee but started to loose her balance in the process. Lucky an employee was near to help her catch her fall.

"You okay Asia?", she asked.

"I'm fine", Asia replied.

The employee nodded and walked away.

Asia sighs.

Jayla walks over. "Go home", Jayla said.

"What?", Asia question.

"That's your third time loosing your balance like that. You need to rest", Jayla said.

Asia sits down and looks down.

"What's wrong?", Jayla asked with concern.

"I have so much going on right now. Nicole thinks she knows what the fuck love is, Jamal and I are doing great but G decides that he wants to come back in my life right now after not talking to him for a month. You know he came to my house the other day and threatened Jamal? That was so embarrassing and I couldn't build the courage to tell Jamal that G is my ex because then he probably wouldn't have even asked me to be his girlfriend that night. That only good people that aren't blowing my top is you, Josh and Jakobi", Asia said.

Jayla looks down.

"What? What did you do?", Asia said

"Okay.. so hear me out", Jayla said.

Asia sighs

"Me and Mikey got back together", Jayla said.

"What!?", Asia questioned. "Are you dumb or are you stupid. I told you way back in high school to leave him alone. It took for him to have a baby on you to leave him and now you're back with him??", asia asked.

"I know. But you don't understand the way he came to me. He was sooo sorry, truly sorry. You didn't see that look in his eyes", Jayla said.

"I don't need to, to know that he's full of shit", Asia said.

Jayla was silent.

Asia sighs. "I'm sorry Jayla. I didn't mean to put it that way, I'm just so stressed and chemo isn't making it better. But what I said was true", she said.

"At this point Asia. I don't care. You live your love life and I'll live mine", Jayla said before she walked away.

Asia sighs again before she gets up. As she looks up she sees G walk in. Asia walks to him.

"Hey. You don't look too good", G said.

"Why are you here?", Asia asked.

"I can't come and see you?", he asked.

"You haven't been so.. ", Asia Said.

"Since when did you start talking to him?", G asked.

" I prefer we take this to my office", Asia said as he legs started to give out.

G catches her. "You good?", he asked.

"No", Asia said as she turned to him and stood up holding on to him. "My legs are weak"

"Do you want me to take you home?", he asked.

"I just need to sit", she said. "I'll have Jamal take me home"

G rolls his eyes as he walks her to a chair. "What's so great about that guy?", he asked.

Asia sits down and ignores his question.