Chapter 40

The next day, Asia was driving Nicole back to Josh's house. Most of the ride was silent until Nicole started talking.

"So... are you and Jamal over?", Nicole asked.

"That's none of your business", Asia said.

"...but y'all were so good together", Nicole said.

"Nicole what did I say?", Asia asked.

"Ugh... here you go again", Nicole said as she looked out the window.

"What?", Asia questioned. "Excuse me?"

"You starting to act the same way you used to act before dad came back home", Nicole said.

"I'm not acting any type of way. You don't ask a grown person about their business. That's it", Asia said.

Nicole rolled her eyes.

Asia shakes her head and continues driving.

————————————

Asia pulls up to Josh's house and sees G's car.

"I wonder what G is doing here", Asia said.

"Him and dad are friends again", Nicole said.

"That's good", Asia said. "I'll see you later"

"Okay", Nicole said as she got out the car and went in the house.

After Asia made sure Nicole got in the house she put the car in revise and drove away to work.

————————-

Asia got to work and walked into her office and Jamal was sitting at the desk.

"You have 5 seconds to get up and walks out or I'm calling security", Asia said as she put her things down.

"You really about to do this?", Jamal asked.

"3", she said.

"I'm not leaving", he said.

"Well, you need to", Asia said.

Jamal got up. "Asia listen. I love you", he said.

Asia shakes her head.

Jamal walks to her and hold her hand. "I do.. I really do. I'm sorry about what I did and most of all I'm sorry for not telling you. I was scared of this happening.. you leaving me"

Asia continued to no say anything as she didnt look at him.

"I didn't wanna do it like this, and I had it planned out so much differently", he said.

Asia look at him. "What are you talking about?", she asked.

"Last night.. I realized how it felt to not have you. I realized that you are the only person in my life that can hold me together", he said. "It's like God did what he did in my past to bring me to my future", he said referring to her as his future. "I don't wanna go another night without hearing your voice, let alone another day.... I guess what I'm basically trying to say is..."

Jamal slowly gets down on one knee. "Asia Lanae Cater", he said.

Asia covered her mouth.

"You being my girlfriend isn't enough for me. You falling asleep in my arms at night, and seeing you rest so peacefully in the morning is something I want to see daily", he said. "I cherish every second with you and I want to continue to do that in the future but now as my girlfriend. As my wife. I'm not head to play any games and I do know what I want Ms. Carter. So, will you marry me?"

A tear rolled from Asia's eyes.

"Oh almost forgot", he said as she took out the ring. "My mom gave me her ring after her and my dad divorced. But... I didn't feel as if the ring symbolized the love between, the love I want back between. So I brought.. the shiniest and brightest one in the store. The only one that screamed boy you gone be broke after this but this is the ring for you", he said with a chuckle.

Asia could help but laugh a little as she cried.

Jamal smiled.

Asia shakes her head. "I have to think about this Jamal", she said.

Jamal didn't say anything for a few seconds. "...no rush", he said as he stood up looking down to close the ring box.

"Let me see the ring one more time", asia asked.

Jamal showed it to her

"Oh my gosh that is so pretty", she said as she looked at it. "...but yes I'll have to think about Jamal"

Jamal nods.

"At the end of the day you can say no you're not ready at the moment but ... I just wanna know do you believe when I say I do know what I want and I want you", Jamal asked.

Asia looked a him for a bit and nods.

"That's all the matters", he said. "You're the only person I care about other than Kim"

Asia touches him. "Hush.. Jamal I know. I was just heartbroken of what you did.. but you could've lied and you didn't you told the truth. Jamal I get it, I really do. I can tell how sorry you were and how you felt about it by looking in your eyes. Even when I didn't know you looked heart broken.. for a while. And when I found out you looked like somebody died... I know you're truly sorry but right now I'm mad and I need time to myself", Asia said. "I love you.. I really do and.. you make me feel younger and beautiful.. you make me feel a way I haven't felt since high school. You love me and every flaw and you put of with my assumptions.. sorry about that again it's just PTSD from the type of guys I'm used to... but anyways and I don't wanna get rid of what we built so far. You just gotta swear to me, this would happen again" she said.

"I swear on everything I love.. it will never happen again", he said. "I love you asia"

Asia nods. "I love you too jamal", she said. "I'm still a little pissed at you so I will be staying at my house for a few days. We aren't broken up but I do need to think about my response to marriage", she said.

"You sure you wanna go home alone?", Jamal asked.

"Nothing has been happening lately... I don't know I'll probably be fine", she said.

"Nah... please just come to my house after work", Jamal said. "Just for my stress levels, Iight"

Asia sighs. "Fine.. I'll see you this evening", she said.

"Okay.. I'm going to head to work. I'm late", he said.

"Okay", she said.

"I can kiss you right?", he asked.

"I suppose", she said.

Jamal smiles and kisses her and then leave.

Asia smiles a little and then sits at her desk. She calls Jayla and Jayla answers. "Jayla Williams, I need you in my office please. I got some tea to spill", asia said. "....okay, see you in a few", Asia hung up.

TO BE CONTINUED....