Chapter 66

Asia and josh got to the house and walked in.

"You know where the guest room is and the kitchen and bathroom. Make yourself at home", he said.

"Okay", Asia said.

Josh walks to the kitchen to get stuff to clean his car out.

"Wait", she said.

Josh stops and turns around.

"...I know I'm probably asking for too much...but can I sleep with you?", she asked.

"I mean like... I don't know if that's a good idea", he said.

"Yea... you're probably right. I'll just get the blanket and stuff off the bed and sleep on the floor in Nicole's room", Asia said.

Josh didn't say anything.

Asia starts to walk upstairs and stubbles over herself and touches the wall to stop her fall.

"You need help up the stairs?", he asked.

"No I'm good", Asia said. "Thank you though"

Josh watches her.

Asia goes up the stairs.

Josh walked into the kitchen and got cleaning stuff and walked outside.

————————————-

30 minutes later. Josh came back into the house and put the supplies up. He walked upstairs into his room where he almost trips over Jakobi's basketball. Josh looks at her and picks it up and then he walks to the edge of his bed and sits down, playing with the ball.

Josh begins to get Flashbacks of the times he just about messed his leg that he got shot in up worst tryna play Against Jakobi in basketball. Josh smiled at the thoughts but also was sad that he couldn't have those again. Josh put the ball down and laid back for about ten minutes.

After 10 minutes he got up and walked into the guest room and saw that Asia actually took the covers off of it. He walked into Nicole's room where he Nicole sleeping and covers over on the floor but didn't see asia. Josh closed the door and saw the light on in Jakobi's room and walked into his room to see Asia holding Jakobi's school basketball jacket.

Asia looks at him. "Hey", she said.

"Hey", he said as he sat next to her. "What you doing in here?"

Asia shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know.. I shouldn't be cause it's only making it worst...it's like I know he's gone but it doesn't feel like it", she said.

"I feel the same way", Josh said.

Asia put the jacket down. "I should really sleep", she said.

"Me too. It's been 24 hours since I've been sleep. My mind is like ... I don't know. I can barely think", he said.

Asia chuckles. "You know.. Josh if it's one thing I say, is that you've become a whole different person", she said.

"Bad way?", he asked.

"No.. it's like youre so... so much easier to talk to and I don't know", she said.

"Guess people gotta change for the better eventually huh?", he asked.

Asia touched his thigh as she looked at him. "Yea I guess so", asia said.

Josh looked at her hand because she was a little to close to just little friend.

Asia moved her hand without realizing that she was that close. "Goodnight", she said as she got up.

"Goodnight", he said.

Asia walked out the room and suddenly Josh got up and called her name.

"Asia", he said.

"Yes", she replied before she went into the room.

"Don't sleep omg the floor. You might as well come sleep with me", he said.

"You sure?", she asked.

Josh nods.

"...Okay", she said. "I'll be in there in a few"

"Okay", he said.

Josh walked into his room and Asia picked up the covers and walked into his room.

"I can sleep on the floor", he said.

"No. I don't wanna kick you out of your bed", she said. "I just didn't wanna be in the room by myself... a little paranoid"

"It's cool", he said. "I can sleep on the floor"

"No josh I will", she said as she put the covers on the floor. "It's okay"

Josh didn't say anything.

Asia puts the covers on the floor making it comfortable enough as possible and sits down.

Josh chuckles. "Is that even comfortable", he asked.

"It will be tonight", she said with a smile.

Josh shakes his head. "Get in the bed Asia. It isn't going to be any harm alright. You stay on your side and I stay on mine", he said.

Asia sits there for a while. "...yes this floor is kinda hard", she said. "Okay, I'll sleep in the bed"

Asia got up and sat in his bed. "Much better", she said.

Josh smiles a little and gets in the bed.

Asia gets under the covers and lays on her side facing the wall. Josh does the same so now their backs are turned.

"Goodnight, Josh", she said softly.

"Goodnight, Asia", he said.

Asia sighed quietly as she closed her eyes.

——————————————

The next morning Nicole knocks on the door to Josh's room but he doesn't answer she opens it. "Dad?", she said. Nicole looked closer and say Asia laying on his chest. Her eyes got wide. "Mom!?", she called.

Asia and Josh sat up out of their sleep.

"What is going on?", she asked.

Asia and josh look at each other.

"You know what. I don't even wanna know. That ain't none of my business." Nicole said as she walked out.

"We didn't do anything did we??", asia asked.

"What? No", Josh said.

"Okay, because I don't really remember anything", Asia said.

Josh sits on the edge of the bed.

Asia gets out the bed. "I'm going to go make sure Nicole knows that because I don't need Jamal thinking anything", she said as she walks to the door.

"Ay.. I told him you were going to be in the guest room and um not in my room so .. can you like?", Josh said.

"I got you Josh", she said as walked out the room.

Josh gets up and walks to the bathroom.

TO BE CONTINUED....