Chapter 65

The next morning Asia drove Jamal and Kim to the airport.

"I'll come back up there after we get the funeral together. I'll let you know when the funeral will be so you can come back down", Asia said. "Then I'll come back to Nee York with you... but I'll be in my own apartment"

"Asia...do you really think this is necessary? I mean like...I get it. You need to yourself but... I don't understand why you wanna take a break", Jamal said.

"...Once again Jamal, I'm not in the a good mindset right now. I just have so much going on, running through my head... I need to be alone and get my mind right before something bad happens", she said. "Same goes for you... you've been aggressive lately and I know where that can lead and you need time to fix that"

Jamal nods.

"Be safe okay?", Asia said.

"I should be saying that to you", Jamal said and she caresses her cheek.

Asia smiles slightly.

"I love you", he said.

Asia hugged him.

Jamal slowly hugged back.

"I would say I love you too but at this point I don't even love myself", Asia pulled away. "But I'll be fine", she said.

Jamal nods. "Come on Kim", we gotta catch our flight", he said.

"See you later Asia", Kim said.

"See you", Asia said. "Keep your daddy safe okay?"

"Okay", kim said.

Asia smiled. "Call me when you guys get up there or text.. which ever"

Jamal nods and him and Kim walk into the airport.

Asia gets back in the car. "So you have a choice. Stay with me at the hotel or with your dad to make sure he doesn't do anything for him to go to jail", Asia said.

"Ain't that what Bianca for?", Nicole asked.

"Yea...but it's nothing like a daughter's touch", Asia said. "You're the only one he has left"

Nicole was silent.

"And you know how your dad gets.. he was mad about Jakobi... we all are... but not at you", Asia said.

"We can go there... but if he does it again I'm not ever going back", Nicole said.

Asia nods.

——————————-

Asia knocks on Josh's door and it takes him a minute to open it.

"Hey", he said with a tired voice.

"Did we wake you up?", asia asked.

"Never went to sleep", Josh said. "Come in"

Nicole and Asia walk in.

"And Nicole I apologize for last night. It was uncalled for. It wasn't your fault", Josh said.

Nicole nods.

"Where's Jamal? I thought y'all were going back?", Josh said.

"Well, he went back.. I have a son to bury", she said. "Nicole will be staying here while we're down here if that's okay"

"That's great", he said.

"Well, I guess I'll go to my room. I'm still a little tired", she said.

"Okay", Josh said. "Let me know if you need me"

"Okay", Nicole said as she went upstairs.

"But why do you wanna be in a hotel room alone", Josh asked.