Chapter 51

The next day Jamal was at work and he was printing his papers off in the print room. He heard someone talking on the phone, he had his door open and was talking about going on a date with somebody. Jamal didn't really care, he got his papers and started to walk away until he heard him say something that caught his attention.

"Come on Asia, stop playing", he said.

The guy was the same guy that flirted with Asia yesterday. Him and Jamal work in the same building.

"We could go out for lunch tomorrow", he said. "I can meet you at the boutique at 11:45"

Jamal turned to get a look at the guy's face and then turned away and shook his head. He knew Asia was common name so he didn't jump to conclusions. He went back to his office and got his job done.

————————————-

That Asia got home with some things from the store. She put most things up and walked into Nicole's room.

Nicole jumps.

"You and Jakobi really need to stop being scary", Asia said.

"Haha so funny", Nicole said

"I got you some pads since I know you're probably running out since your period is on", Asia said as she walked to the drawer where she kept her pads.

"I'll put that up", Nicole said.

"No I got it", Asia said as she opened the drawer and saw a new pack of pads.

Nicole watched her.

Asia looked at Nicole. "I thought you said your period was on", Asia said.

"I thought it was", Nicole said nervously.

"Okay but I brought this before last months period.. it hasn't been touched", Asia said.

"Mom listen. I think my period is irregular from the birth control", Nicole said. "The doctor did say that was possible"

"You're right... lets just hope it's the birth control because Jakobi did tell me you been sneaking out to see that boy", Asia said.

Nicole sigh.

"My question is, why?", Asia questioned.

"Just to talk", Nicole said.

"That's what a phone is for", Asia said.

"Mom it doesn't matter now because we broke up and I'm hundreds of miles away from him", Nicole said.

"It doesn't matter Nicole! You had no business doing it anyway!," Asia shouted.

"Mom calm down", Nicole said.

"How am I suppose to calm down when you two don't even listen to me", Asia said.

Nicole was silent.

"I'm sick of this", Asia said.

"Im sorry", Nicole said.

Jamal walks in the room. "What's going on?", he asked.

"Nothing", Asia replied.

Nicole looked at Jamal.