Chapter 14

That night Asia and Jayla was getting ready to go out.

"So what if the both of us get drunk? Then what?", Jayla asked.

"I have a solution to that", Asia said.

"What?", Jayla asked.

"You'll see", Asia said.

"Mm", Jayla said as she put on her boots.

"Those are cute", Asia said.

"I know right. They were originally like 300 but I got them on sale for 100", Jayla said.

"That's a good deal", Asia said as she puts her hoops on.

"Right", Jayla said.

"Where do y'all think y'all are going?", Jakobi asked after he walks in the entry of the door to Asia's bedroom.

"And who are you supposed to be sir? Our father?", Jayla asked.

"Yea", Jakobi said.

Asia chuckles. "Jakobi you so crazy.. but tomorrow or so me and dad need to talk to you and your sister", asia said.

"What did we do now?", Jakobi asked.

"Nothing", said Asia. "It's not about you guys"

"Talking about the divorce?", Jakobi asked.

"How'd you know?", Asia asked.

"Because dad ain't been staying here and I saw those papers", Jakobi said.

"Well yes that's what it's about", Asia said.

"I'm starting to like dad but honestly after he hit you, you deserve better mom", Jakobi said.

Asia was silent for moment. "Okay, but I'm we're going out. Keep the door locked, nobody in the house and nobody out the house. You have food in the kitchen. Call me or your dad for emergencies. Preferably me because I don't want your dad in my business", Asia said.

Jakobi chuckles. "Okay", he said.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something but just know.. if you do something wrong that's your ass", Asia said.

"Mom I get it. Besides I'm tryna be good. Oh and I'm thinking about trying out for basketball", he said.

"That's great baby", Asia said.

"I just need some practice or coaching or something.. I'm a little rusty", Jakobi said. "I asked dad but he said he can't move like he used to"

"I think I know just the person that can help. I'll give him a call tomorrow and I can set something up", said Asia.

"Okay cool", Jakobi said.

"Alright but we're leaving now", Asia said as he kiss Jakobi's check. "Bye baby", Asia said.

"Bye", said Jakobi.

"See you later sugar foot", Jayla said with a smile.

"See you later J", Jakobi said with a chuckle.

Asia and Jayla walked downstairs and G was sitting on the couch.

"And G will be our Designated driver", Asia said.

"Y'all crazy girls ready?", he asked.

"Question is, are you ready for us crazy girls", Jayla asked as she walked out the house.

"She really holding up good, so have been cheated on", G said.

"Jayla is good at masking her emotions", Asia said. "But I do think she isn't letting it get the bed of her. I'm just tryna let her have fun and meet new people. Remind her that it's more out there than just mikey"