Chapter 37

The next morning Asia walked into her office and sat her things down. She got out her laptop and sat at her desk. Before she put her laptop down she saw a note. Asia picks it up and reads it.

NOTE:
I hope you liked the gift I left for you last night. The next time won't be the tires the one getting slit, so get outta town while you can so I can have my life to myself

Asia makes a face and pulls out her phone. She calls the police and they come out and she files a report on it.

"So you mean to tell me I'm just suppose to sit around like everything is fine? I have kids and I don't know who this person is", Asia said

"This is the best we can do. Just call us if you suspect anything else", he said.

Asia rolled her eyes and walked off.

"Asia", a familiar voice called.

Asia turned around and it was Josh. He rarely ever came there so she was shock to see him.

He walks up to her. "Why the police here?", he asked. "What happened?"

"Nothing", she said. "What are you doing here?", she asked. "Everything okay with the kids?"

"Hell nah. You didn't get a call?", Josh asked.

"Probably I haven't looked at my phone yet", she said.

"Nicole ain't go to school today and I can't get in touch with her", Josh said.

"What?", Asia said as she started to panic.

"What's wrong with you?", he asked.

"Lately weird stuff been going on for a couple weeks now. I didn't pay it any mind because it was little stuff at first like shit that happens. But last night somebody flattened my tires  and this morning somebody left me a threat", she said. "What if they can Nicole"

"First they don't have Nicole. Jakobi told me she skipped with that little ass nigga", he said.

Asia sighs of relief.

"But why the fuck didn't you tell me??", Josh asked.

"Because I know how you get", she said.

"Do you know who it is?", he asked.

"No.. I can't think of anyone. I literally have no problems with no one", she said. "They said something about me living town or something so they can get their life to their self", she said.

Josh makes a face.

"I'm just nervous", she said.

"Ay...,listen ain't nothing gone happen to you alright?", he said. "Y'all can come to my house"

"No , I don't want Bianca thinking things. She nice and I don't wanna ruin your relationship", asia said. "But the kids can stay with you"

"But shit is going on, you're not staying by yourself", he said.

"Josh, you spent 15 years protecting me... your job is done ok?", she said.

"As long as you're alive it's never done", he said.

Asia grabs his hand. "You have another woman to protect", she said.

Josh didn't say anything.

Asia smiles. "I'll be okay", she said.

Josh nods. "At the end of the day I'm still here whenever you need me", he said.

Asia nods.

"Just.. please call me whenever something is up. The kids can't lose their mother. And I can't lose you either", he said.