Chapter 24

Asia got Nicole from school and started driving home.

"So what happened?", Asia asked. "You were crying on the phone and now you seem normal"

"I don't wanna talk about it", Nicole said.

"Well last time you didn't wanna talk about it, it was something I needed to know", Asia said. "This time I'm not taking "no" for an answer"

"Just some dumb stuff, Makayla started", Nicole said.

"And to think I thought that girl was sweet at first", Asia said.

"Of course you would. You only met her once", Nicole said.

"What did she do?", Asia asked.

"... well.. remember when I got raped? And you said to talk about so I don't keep nothing bottled up?", Nicole asked.

"Yea", Asia said.

"Well, I talked about it with Makayla", Nicole said. "And.. she told the whole school I let those guys do that to me.. that I wanted that. Mom I thought that I could trust her. I told her so many things"

"Nicole don't blame yourself", Asia said.

"No telling what else she'll say to someone", Nicole said.

Asia didn't say anything as stopped at a red light.

"Nicole people lie on people everyday but guess what? Those people who listen to those lies.. their opinion does not matter. When I was high school, I was called a hoe because I was seen doing something that I had no business doing. But I wasn't with any guys, hell I was with your dad at the time", Asia said.

"What did they see you doing?", Nicole asked.

"...one night.. after I found out my sister died and then I got mad at your dad and tried to break up with.. I decided to go make some quick cash and don't you do this.. but I worked at a strip club", Asia said.

"Wow", Nicole said.

"Yes and everyone said I was hoe basically", Asia said as she started driving because the light turned green. "But guess what? I didn't let that effect me. Why? Because I knew the truth, Jayla knew the truth and other people knew the truth"

Nicole looks out the window.

"Everything will be okay. And guess what? Leaving school only makes you look guilty", she said.

Nicole looks at Asia. "Jakobi fought somebody today", She said.

"What?", Asia questioned. "Oh my gosh... he could get expelled this time"

"If they haven't called you yet then.. I don't think he got in trouble", Nicole said.

Asia sighs. "I hope not", Asia said.

————————

The next day Nicole decided to go to school and Jakobi didn't get in trouble from yesterday. The principal gave him a warning. Asia went to work.

Asia was in her office coming up with ideas for new things to add on the website.

Jayla walks in the office. "Girl that guy is here", Jayla said.

"I thought he wasn't coming back til next week", Asia said.

"That's the thing. He only asked for you. He's in regular clothes", Jayla said.

Asia makes a face. "Asked for me?", Asia said Asia as she got up.

"Girl if you don't go out there and talk to him I will", Jayla said.