Chapter 43

Once they got back to Miami Jamal stopped by Vanessa's house on the way home from work.

Vanessa opens the door.

"Nessa, you really making me wanna be the nigga I told myself I wasn't going to be", Jamal said.

Vanessa folds her arms. "What did miss pretty little princess say now?", she asked. "And to think I was being a good girl"

"You know what you did", Jamal said as he walks in and shuts the door. "Now, I let you in Kim's life because I thought you changed but you still the same crazy bitch! I put up with it when we were younger because I loved you and I got why you acted like that and you calmed down... but now?? You really tryna kill her ? Vanessa she was with her daughter! And now I know it was you who was sending the notes to her and who slashed her tires."

"What? Jamal I would never", Vanessa said.

"Vanessa this is my last warning, after that I don't care how sad Kim gets but you ain't gone be in her life no more", Jamal said.

"Try it, and I'll have something for you too", Vanessa said.

"You ain't gone have shit for me", Jamal said.

Suddenly there's banging at the door.

Vanessa makes a face and looks through the peak hole. "I don't know who that is", Vanessa said as she backed up.

Jamal looks through the peak hole and sees Josh and makes a face. He opens the door.

"Excuse me bruh", Josh says as he walked to Vanessa and grabbed her by her neck and puts her against the wall.

"Josh?", Jamal said with his eyes widened.

"You know I asked myself how the fuck would the brakes fail. That car was barely a year old. I ain't worry about it at first. I was just glad my child...", Josh said as he grabbed her neck tighter. "...was okay. So finally I had to beg Asia and threaten that woman for her to tell me what's going on". Josh looks at Jamal. "I didn't mean the threat though, Asia just hard headed as hell"

Vanessa could barely breathe.

"Listen bruh. You about to kill her", Jamal said.

"Like she almost killed my daughter, Asia and your soon to be child?", Josh asked.

Vanessa eyes got wide.

Josh let's her go.

Vanessa bends over, breathing hard.

"Fuck with mine again. And I swear to God I'll kill you. I don't give a fuck if I go to jail or not", Josh said as he walked to the door. "Move and I will find you regardless". Josh looks at Jamal. "And you?", he said pointing at Jamal. "I'll fuck you up too, cause you brought this problem to her. Get rid of it".

Josh left.

Jamal looks at Vanessa. "Last warning", he said before he walked to the door.

"You got her pregnant so she'd stay?", Vanessa asked. "Let's be real, she'd leave you regardless"

Jamal shakes his head. "You are crazy", he said.

"Crazy for you baby", she said.

Jamal left.

———————————

When Jamal got home, Asia stood up with her crutches.

"Josh followed you didn't he?", Asia asked

"Yes", Jamal said. "What am I not good enough to handle the situation myself?"

"I didn't tell him to do that", Asia said.

"Whatever", Jamal said.

"What did he do?," Asia asked.

"Choked the shit outta her. Something refrained myself from doing so I'm glad it was him and not me", Jamal said.

"...you'd do that?", Asia asked.

"I never did it before, but just to think about my kid and the love of my life getting killed. It makes you wanna do it", Jamal said.

Asia didn't say anything.

"I'm getting a restraining order on her for Kim and you should get one too", Jamal said.

"...what about you?", Asia asked.

"Me too", he said.

Asia nods.

"I was going to do it to we're if she did one more thing then she wasn't going to be able to see Kim for good but.. I was thinking what if she does something again and somebody is gone for good... I don't want that to happen", Jamal said. "And then Josh told her you were pregnant, so she might sabotage that"

Asia puts her crutches against the wall hugs him

Jamal slowly hugs her back. "What's this for?", he asked.

"Just a hug", asia said.

Jamal didn't say anything.

Asia pulled away and grabbed her crutches. "I promise. We'll be fine", she said.

"...Listen... I need to tell you something", Jamal said.

"What", Asia said as she sat down.

"Im sorry about making you feel stupid about what you was saying about Vanessa. I just... I don't know I thought I could talk to her. I thought that shit was gonna be different but she still the same", He said. "I didn't want her being my baby mama to effect us"

"....honestly if I knew she was crazy I would've let you not let her meet Kim", Asia said.

Jamal shrugs. "We learn by our mistakes I guess and besides it ain't your fault it's mine"

Asia looked down.

"You okay?", he asked.

"Yea. Just this cast on my leg is so annoying", Asia said.

"Why'd you choose to tell josh anyway?", Jamal asked.

"If you knew josh, you would understand how he bed", asia said as she rolls her eyes. "he's a good guy at heart, but he can be a pain"

"Nothing I need to be worried about though right?", Jamal asked.

"No", Asia said. "Just josh being josh when he's mad"

Jamal didn't say nothing.

Asia sits back and touches her stomach.

Jamal watches her.

"Do you have any pickles?", Asia asked. "And peanut butter"

Jamal smiles. "No but I can go get some", Jamal said.

"Please", she said.

"Be back", he said as he grabbed his keys.

"And don't forget my ice cream", Asia said.

"You better stop eating all the sugar", Jamal said.

"Just get it", Asia said.

"Yes ma'am", he said as he walked out.

Asia smiles and shakes her head.

TO BE CONTINUED....