Chapter 44

It's been a couple weeks and it has been no sign of Vanessa. Asia did get the police involved again and they arrested her but when it was time to go to court for the evidence, the video showed another person doing something to the brakes. So she was let go but they still had the restraining order.

Jayla walked into Asia's house to give her some groceries.

"You the best friend a girl can have", Asia said.

Jayla looks at Asia and sees her hair. "You cut your hair??", Jayla asked.

"Yea before I chemotherapy", asia said. "It grew back a lot", she said as she played in it.

Asia hair was in a medium sized curly fro.

"It's cute", Jayla said.

"Thank you", Asia said.

Jayla finished putting the groceries up and sat down next to Asia.

"So I have some news to tell you. Me and Mikey have been looking for a surrogate mother for a while now and we finally found one", Jayla said.

"Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you", Asia said.

"Thanks", Jayla said as she looked at Asia's finger. "But oh my gosh girl look at that ring."

Asia looks at her ring.

"It's so beautiful", Jayla said.

"Thank you", Asia said.

"When's the wedding", Jayla asked.

"When I get back from looking like a fat whale", Asia said.

"Oh stop", Jayla said as she chuckled.

"Forreal", Asia said.

Suddenly it's a knock on the door.

Jayla gets up and opens it.

"Hey", Jayla said.

"What's up", Josh replied as he walked in and looked at Asia. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"I mean we could've did it on the phone Joshua", Asia said.

"I was out so I decided to check on you and Nicole anyway", Josh said.

"That's sweet", Asia said.

"How about I let you two talk. I have to get back to work anyway", Jayla said. "Bye"

"Bye", they replied.

Jayla left,

Josh sits next to Asia. "What's up?"

"Okay so um.. Jamal he has this job opportunity and um it's in New York", Asia said. "He'll make so much money there and of course I have to go with him and he wants me to make the decision on wether or not he takes the job"

"The kids will be staying here", Josh said.

"But Josh-", Asia was cut off.

"Asia they'll be here. I don't need another call that's going to scare me half to death and I have to jump on the next plane again", Josh said.

"Nothing will happen again", Asia said. "We haven't heard from that female since and she won't even know where we moved too"

"Okay but I just got here like a year ago. You had 16 years with them", Josh said.

"And you will still see them. Summer breaks, thanksgiving, Christmas's .. you will still see them", Asia said. "Unless you want Jakobi while I take Nicole"