Chapter 30

The next night Asia and Jamal sat in the car and talked. Asia didn't want the kids to sneak and listen in.

"Okay so it all started when I was younger. I don't remember how old I was. I was in like elementary school, maybe middle", asia said. "My dad, he wasn't the best dad. He was very abusive to my mom and ..", Asia pauses.

"Take your time", he said.

"Before I say this Josh and Jayla are the only ones who know this. So I'm trusting you with this", Asia said.

"You have my trust", Jamal said.

"... well um.. when I was younger.. he used to touch me. One night my mom found out and she locked me in my room so I didn't see anything. All I heard was yelling and banging . I've hated my dad ever since... even after he got killed when I got older. I felt bad but I never understood why"

"Because you have a good heart...How did he die?", He asked.

"I rather not say", Asia said.

Jamal nods.

"But fast forward to my high school years. I was in and out or relationships. I never had a male figure in my life. So when it came to finding good guys, I chose the wrong ones", Asia said. "Eventually I choice not to date and focused on myself. And at that point I found happiness.. until my mom passed away from cancer.", she said. "I had to fend for myself and my little sister... that's when I met Josh. He helped me out so much and honestly I would be where I'm at if it was for him"

"I didn't know you had a sister", he said.

"I used to have a little sister but I failed her", she said. "She got shot by mistake because of me.. her name was Nicole.. which is why I named Nicole that"

Jamal was silent.

"After that many...many things happened. I got raped twice those were my bad moments and I got married and had my kids which were my good moments", Asia said.

Jamal looks down.

Asia starts to cry. "My life has been so fucked up", Asia said.

Jamal holds her hand. "It's okay baby", he said.

Asia moves her hand from his and wipes her tears. "It got to the point where I almost killed myself because of it. I thought that it was no more happiness so why live through pain"

"Asia?", Jamal said.

Asia cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "I just wanna let you know everything so you can know my biggest flaws now.. instead of loosing interest later", she said.

"Hey.. and flaws make the beauty in a person", he said as he wiped some of her tears. "It's what makes you strong"

"...you think I'm strong.. but I'm not. I just act like it", Asia said.

"Hey.. you are strong. I thought you were going to tell me something common.. something many people go through..but you went through a lot and yet you manage to put that shit to the side and hold your own", Jamal said. "You ain't use that as an excuse"

Asia wipes her tears.

Jamal kisses her cheek.