Chapter 52

Asia mets Josh at near by parking lot that's down the street from the house. Josh gets into Asia's car that night.

"What's up", Josh asked.

"Something happened today... and I need to talk to Jamal... but I don't wanna go alone," she said.

"Asia I don't know how that would look me showing up and you and him are in the middle of something", Josh said.

"You'll he outside... just in case", Asia said.

"What's going on?", Josh questioned.

"That's our business", Asia said.

"Well it was my business when you brought me here and because my kids will be in the middle of whatever is going on", Josh said.

"...Jamal thinks I'm talking to another guy", Asia said.

"Why would he think that?", Josh asked.

"This dude.. apparently he works with him and heard my name or something about him meeting me at my store at a certain time. The guy came to my store and so did Jamal and the guy acted as if I was talking to him. Like I didn't tell him I had somebody and Jamal believed it", Asia said.

"...So you can't just talk to Jamal? Why the fuck did I can to come?", Josh asked. "I thought shit was serious"

"It is... he shot and killed the last girl who cheated on him", Asia said.

Josh was quiet.

"He was angry today... angrier than I have ever seen him", Asia said. "I know I guess I'm so used to coming for to you when I'm scared... i don't know"

"Listen Asia.. that man would not hurt you and will not hurt you", Josh said.

"I don't wanna take any chances", Asia said.

"You're carrying his child", Josh said.

Asia starts crying.

"I get it.. your pregnant and your emotions are everywhere. Your mind it running in circles and you're scared... but Jamal is not like me... he can control himself", Josh said.

"Just do what I said okay? I'm going to talk to him and you stay outside just in case", Asia said.

Josh nods.

Asia starts the car.

"But Asia you can't keep doing this, alright? It's either you trust him or you don't", he said. "And right now it seems like you don't. The guy has changed, a lot from when I knew him. He has a daughter that he loves and cares around and would not do anything to leave her. He won't hurt you"

Asia starts driving. "How would you know?", Asia asked.

"Because I do", Josh said. "Besides how does it look when my ex wife keeps calling me stuff that isn't related to the kids? I just got back on good terms with Bianca"

Asia sigh. "I do trust Jamal okay. I wouldn't be marrying him if I didn't... I guess what he told me the other night just got in my head and then this happened. I don't know I panicked", Asia said. "I'm sorry"

Josh didn't say anything.

"And it's crazy because just last week I thought he was cheating on me", Asia said.

"Why?", Josh asked.

"A swimsuit was by the pool. But thing is he was working that whole week and his mom was there.. he had no room to cheat", Asia said.

"And then now with you", he said. "I mean like the guy doesn't have your number and you weren't talking to him.. yet he picked the right time to say your name and time while Jamal was around.. don't sound right".