Chapter 26

A few weeks later and Asia was starting her chemo therapy. She only has to do it a few times.

"Ok I'm ready", Asia said with her eyes closed.

The hairstylist cut off a part of Asia's hair.

Asia opens her eyes and sees the hair on the ground. "Oh my goodness", she said.

The hairstylist chuckles and continues to cut.

"If I wasn't for chemo, I wouldn't even be going this", Asia said. "I just wanna prevent it from falling out in patches"

"Hey just think of it like this.. a this dead ends that fall on the floor...", she said as she cuts another part of her hair, ".. are dead memories. And this cut is a begins in a new part of life"

"I guess that's a good way of thinking about", Asia said.

The stylist nods. "And it'll grow back", she said.

"Of course", Asia said.

———————————

When the stylist was done, Asia's hair was shaved off. He looked in the mirror of amazed. "Now I see why my dad used to call me peanut", Asia said with a chuckle. "Thank you", Asia said as she got up.

"No problem", she said.

Asia paid and left.

————————————

Asia walked in the house and went straight upstairs to get one of her wigs. She put it on and made sure everything looked straight and then we went off to work.

—————————————

Asia got to work and walked into her office to see a vase full of roses. She walked closer and found a note.

She reads the note.

NOTE:
Hey Beautiful, I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all with us. I decided to drop off some roses. Stay strong through your therapy. I still do love you and I know all will be right when it's over.
-G

Asia sighs and smiles at the roses. She picks up the roses and places them on an end table in the office. She takes her phone out her purse and calls G.

"Hello?", G said through the phone.

"Hey, G. How are you?", she asked.

"I'm okay. Been thinking a lot after I went to with you to get your abortion", he said.

"Thinking about what?", she asked.

"About you", he said.

Asia was silent.

"But.. I suppose you got the roses", he said.

"I did", she said. "And they are beautiful. Thank you. I was calling to say thank you"

"You deserve it", he said.

Asia blushed although G couldn't see it through the phone.

"I miss you", he said.

Suddenly it's a knock at the door.

"Hold on G. Yes?", asia said.

Asia's assistant comes in the office. "Ms. Carter?", she asked. "Somebody is our front for you. Mr. Henderson", she said.