》40

Hana's eyes widened and jaw slacked at the sound of what Chansung blurted out and she clenched her fists, not wanting to even look at Mark

"What are you doing?" She called after the boy who was walking off in a rage. "Why are you so angry?"

Chansung shrugged off her hand and stepped away from her, looking down at the girl.
"You said you didn't want to lead me on."
"I- what I'm not leading you on!"
"Sure, okay."

"Wait- Chansung what's gotten into you!" She cried out in confusion, feeling torn between anger and betrayal at his sudden lash out.

"Nothing, you go have fun with them. I realise it now, they'll come first won't they?"

"What, Chansung I never said that- you're my friend too!"
"Okay, choose."

Hana looked up at him bewildered.
"What-"
"Choose, me or them."

She felt like the breath was knocked out of her lungs and wide eyed she looked up at Chansung.
"I don't- why are you making me choose?"

Chansung sighed and his shoulders slumped.
"It's fine, I know you'll choose them anyway- no one ever chooses me."

Hana didn't know what to say and she could barely comprehend what had happened when the boy left the scene.

"Dickhead." Donghyuck scoffed, following into the building with anger which left Mark standing there- watching as the girl's shoulders drooped and her eyes remained on his retreating figure.

A hand on her back pulled her out of it and her stormy brown eyes glistened with tears although she didn't know why she was crying.

When her gaze fell to Mark she wanted to cry more, harder and fall into a pit- the ground to swallow her up.

"Are you okay Han?"
There it was, his usual sweet and concerned tone which she grew to love but at this moment she hated it- his lips moved as he spoke but none of it registered in her brain.

Did he know? Did he catch on to what Chansung said?
Is he jealous?

No; that's stupid of her to think so but the way his eyes crashed into hers so softly, gently she wondered if it was because he felt the same or was it because he felt pity.

"Han?"
"Huh? Oh yeah I'm okay..." She trailed off, swallowing down her beating heartbeat and she plastered a smile on her face.

"You're back! Welcome home."
"Haha, thanks Han- sorry I didn't tell you I was coming sooner...I did try and ring you but I guess you were busy with him."

Did he think she was in a relationship?
Did he care? He probably didn't.

"My childhood friend actually came with me, they're-"

Before he could finish, a figure stepped out of the car.
Her heel clicked on the ground as she walked, blinding smile and radiant eyes- she was the epitome of beautiful.

"This is Nicole, she's really special to me and I thought you would get along."

Ouch.