》46

Y'all really said 100k

Bright light and the fuzzy sounds of beeping made the girl squint, unable to catch her breath properly and she opened her eyes not long after- blinking away the drowsiness

Her vision was filled with the bleak white ceiling and regaining her stability and awareness, she realised she was in a hospital.

Panic filled her, dread settling in and Hana jolted upright in a frenzy, only for someone to gasp and call out to her.

Hana had the ventilator mask on her mouth and her eyes were watering in fear but she saw him sitting there next to her, worried.

"Han, Oh my God." Mark breathed out in relief, standing up and looking around for a nurse to walk by.
He could see the tears of fear glistening and his face softened, walking over and pushing her hair out of her face, combing it back with his fingers and he gave her his best smile.

"You're okay, just wait alright- I'll go get a nurse." He reassured and Hana watched helplessly as Mark ran out of the room.

"You're extremely underweight Hana, your levels of nutrients and vitamins are also low. Have you not been eating properly?" The nurse asked softly and Hana looked down at her hands.

The nurse flickered her gaze between Mark and Hana, sighing with a small smile.
"I'll ask your boyfriend to step out for a second okay?"

Hana's head snapped up, eyes wide and about to protest that he wasn't her boyfriend with her cheeks heating up.
"Yeah no problem, I'll be outside." He said glancing at Hana worriedly but stepping outside.

The nurse drew the curtains for extra measure and began doing everything she needed to do.
"He's very sweet."
"He is." Hana smiled unknowingly.

"He must love you a lot, he wouldn't leave your side at all- reminds me of me and my husband when we were young."
"Oh no, we aren't together...just friends." She said awkwardly, cheeks burning red.

The nurse hummed, taking some blood from Hana.
"Well that's what you might think but of course you both are oblivious... trust me Honey, the boy likes you and it's written all over his face."

Hana stepped out of the room, after the Nurse left her to get changed- seeing Mark waiting on the chair outside hunched over and leg bouncing up and down.

At the sound of the door, he looked up and stood up immediately.
"Everything okay?"
Hana nodded and bit her lip, rubbing the back of her neck.

"About before, I'm sorry for scaring you-"
"Hana don't be ridiculous, I'm more upset you didn't tell me it was still going on," he started, stepping closer to her.
"You can trust me you know?"

She didn't say anything at first, sucking in a breath of air when his hands fell on her shoulders comfortingly.

"It's not that I don't trust you...it's just that everyone i open up to leaves and I just...I don't think I can go through that again." She admitted quietly, looking down at the floor.

Mark's eyes softened and his finger and thumb pushed her chin up so she was forced to look at him. Her glistening brown deep eyes staring into his.

"They didn't deserve to know someone like you and you didn't deserve to be hurt over people that don't mean shit." He began with a small laugh.

"I mean it when I say Han, I'm always here for you, truly I am- I care about you."

Can we appreciate character development from

"Uh, like"

To legit being comfortable with Hana ??????