》50

When it left Hana's lips her eyes widened and so did his

Shit

She immediately regretted confessing so suddenly and doubt, insecurities and the feeling of being a complete idiot fell onto her mind.

Mark was frozen, unsure if he even heard correctly, malfunctioning at her sudden burst out confession and his heart pounded expeditiously.

"I-" he stopped, throat dry and eyes still wide.

Hana looked away from him in disappointment, ears ringing and heart pounding. Hands shaking anxiously and she bit the inside of her cheek.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that." She almost whispered out, wanting to cry as she felt like she was choking on her embarrassment.

The girl stood up on shaky legs, wanting to disappear right away and she took one step but didn't get far when his hand clasped over her wrist.

He stood up behind her and she refused to even look at him- wanting the ground to swallow her whole.

He tugged at her wrist the second time, forcing her to look at him, her body faced him but she didn't look up at him.

Mark's own hands were shaking, he was god damn nervous and couldn't comprehend it at all.

"S-say it again, I want to make sure I heard y-you properly." He swallowed down the dryness in his throat, lump growing bigger.

Hana looked up, partially shocked but a glimmer of her had some type of hope that he might have felt the same.

She blinked frantically to get rid of her tears and her cheeks tainted red.
"Uh...I'm in l-love w-" she stuttered out but it didn't last long when she was cut off by him.

"Wait, are you being serious, like are you sure? Wait." He blurted out, cheeks aching from the smile plastered on his face and Hana nodded.

"Two years." She admitted and Mark's jaw fell agape.
"Two years? What- me?" He asked like it was the most absurd thing ever.

Hana chuckled and nodded and Mark thought it over before gasping.
"Oh wait! Shit, wait...I feel the same. Why am I so awkward," he breathed out, putting a hand on his frantic heart and Hana's eyes crinkled up at his dorkish behaviour.

"It's okay, you don't have to say it-"
"I'm in love with you too!" He rushed out before yelping and diving his red cheeks in his hands.

"Oh my God, I think my face is on fire." He admitted out to himself but Hana laughed, feeling her emotions clarify itself and finally relief set in.

Mark cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his head.
"What are we...uh how does this even work? Shit I should have thought this through now this is weird because I've never actually-"

"Mark do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Y-yeah that sounds cool."

Wow mark I actually love him you know