Crowley's soft spot

Ok this was so random but I love the fact that Crowley has a soft spot for kids lol it's adorable🥰 btw this has no plot and I'm randomly making this up as I go along🤷‍♀️ enjoy...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  33AD

Crowley slithered around the streets, his black shawl bellowing behind him dramatically in the wind. "What is he up to?" Wondered the suspicious angel out loud who was lurking nearby in the shadows watching. He inconspicuously followed the demon as he at this point was suspicious of his 'enemy's' every move. Suddenly, Crowley looked up and spotted a child that was playing dangerously close to an approaching horse and cart. He watched, "get out of the way, cmon, your life can't end before you have even lived it." He groaned frustrated and worried. He didn't want to interfere as he was, after all a demon- and doing a good thing could get him more than a strongly worded letter. Yet still, the cart approached faster and faster and the boy was showing no sign of moving, perhaps the sound of the extremely loud wind deafened him, as the road was narrow, which increased the winds power by a lot. "For Satan's sake!" He cried before speeding over to the child and grabbing him out of the way of the horse that now flew past Crowley, blowing his long hair over his face.

The child looked up at him, Crowley estimated he was about four. He bent down to be level with him and knelt on one knee. "You must be more careful, next time." He said earnestly. The angel was shocked- a Demon? Doing something nice?! "Now run along." He said giving him a gentle tap. "Thank you sir," said the boy in an innocent voice. "No problem." Sighed Crowley knowing he was in for it. Hell was not going to be happy with him.

He carried on walking, before he heard the familiar voice of aziraphale calling him. "Crowley." He said, loud enough for him to hear. He turned in shock and began to stutter. "O- oh uh, hi angel. What- uh, what are you doin' here?" He asked, glowing red. "What where you just doing?" He said slyly with a small grin tugging at the corner or his mouth. "Oh, well, nothing really." He lied. "How much did you see?" He asked cautiously. " pretty much all of it." Replied aziraphale smugly. "See," aziraphale concluded. "See what?" Blurted Crowley. "You are nice." He said smiling. "I am not nice!" He cried offended. This just made the blonde smile even more, "oh, then how come you just saved that boy?" He questioned. Crowley gave up. He knew he couldn't win. "Ok, ok, yes I may have saved that boy but-" he bag an before he was interrupted by aziraphale embracing him in a warm hug. Any suspicions of Crowley melted away. Crowley.exe has stopped working. After, he pulled out dazed, and in some sort of haze. His face was bright red at this point. "Your so sweet sometimes." The angel added playfully, but Crowley didn't notice, as he was still in shock.

"Come on my dear," aziraphale said warmly "lets go back to my place." He concluded happily. Crowley's eyes widened- "me?!" He almost shouted. "U- unless you don't want to?" He added sadly. "O- of course- is love to!" Be said overjoyed. They walked back and chatted, "oh I don't like kids that much- I just you know, didn't want to let one die I don't really-" he said before being once again interrupted, but this time, by a group of children playing a game involving stones. "Mr Crowley, can you play with us again?" A small girl asked sweetly. Crowley looked at aziraphale who had one eyebrow raised at him. He laughed flustered as his face flushed a deep shade of red. "Uh- um- not right now, I'm a bit busy." He smiled. "Aw, ok- can you play again tomorrow?" A boy asked. "Uh- yes, yes, I'll play tomorrow." He said sighing. They cheered and bid him goodnight. "Don't like kids then aye?" Aziraphale said smugly. Crowley mumbled something before saying, "let's just go, angel." And so they walked back to aziraphales where they proceeded to get drunk, and Crowley ended up staying the night.