Pupils

So I'm pretty sure that I mentioned this in another story and I thought I'd make a whole one shot on it! Btw plz let me know if I have already done one about this once I wrote a whole one shot about the same thing as I had written in a previous one so I had to delete😂 so yeah sorry if that happens if so this will be deleted ;(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a saying, that our pupils dilate when you look at something you love. Or, in Crowley's case; someone. He often hid it from behind his dark Valentino glasses- but sometimes, the angel would notice him watching him dreamily, usually when he was sat adjacent from him at their table in the ritz. He hadn't mentioned this, but after the apocalypse-that-wasn't-actually-an-apocalyptic- he spotted Crowley doing it much more. He knew he was doing it by his wavey smile plastered across his face, in some sort of haze. He as never seen his eyes when he was like this though- but his entire face was so expressive- it was hard not to notice. It was very obvious though, as many of the people whom ate more frequently at the ritz had began to recognise them as husbands- but whenever anyone such as a waiter bought it up, Crowley would splutter something unintelligent before glowing bright red.

Said waiter was now standing by the table with a desert menu in her grasps, looking at the demon, confused. He didn't notice, he was in such a trance, daydreaming about his beautiful angel. "Crowley!" A distant cry was heard. "Crowley!" It was now very loud and he shook his head. He adjusted to his surroundings and noticed Aziraphale had called his name. "This young lady was trying to ask you what you wanted to order!" The angel snapped. "Ah, yes um," he began before telling her the order. "Terribly sorry." Aziraphale said warmly as she glides away from the table, before he shot a dangerous look at the ginger, who was glowing bright red.

"I don't know what has gotten into you recently, but you seem very out of it recently." He tutted, dogging into his dessert that had been placed in front of him. Crowley watched, he looked so beautiful! Aziraphale noticed, but decided to keep his suspicions to himself/ he had a plan...

Later that evening, the angel had politely invited his best friend to his ancient book shop- a place that Crowley loved. He loved everything about it; the cozy ness, the warmth, everything that made it opposite from his cold, unwelcoming home. Hardly fit for a cold blooded reptile, such as him. He sauntered back into his Bentley, not before politely opening the door for his angel, and sped off to the bookshop, he secretly longed to call home. Aziraphale held on tightly, as Crowley often took his eyes off the wheel to casually talk to the angel, who would shriek: "ANTHONY J  CROWLEY, EYES ON THE ROAD!" As he held on for dear life.  Crowley rolled his eyes and shrugged. Finally, without dying- well, getting discorporated, they made it home. The blonde sighed a sigh of relief and ambled out of the car, while Crowley smoothly swaggered over to the door. How is he so perfect, so beautiful? Aziraphale found his mind wandering to. He politely invited Aziraphale in, as he had unlocked it with the pair of keys Aziraphale had given them, with a black pom-pom attached.

They wandered in, a heavenly ribbon of sun light beamed through, as dust particles danced down gracefully, until they landed on one of his many books. They sat down on the sofa and settled into a comfortable silence- something about this just felt right. Aziraphale almost forgot the plan- crowley would watch him a lot, but mostly while he was eating. He found a plump slice of caw in his cupboard, and gracefully slid back into he room. He dug in, pretending he couldn't see the demon (who was directly beside him) staring. This was his chance.

He reached out and snatched his glasses off the shocker demons face, and quickly snapped it of it. "Crowley y- your eyes they are, huge!" He commented, puzzled. Crowley took a moment to realise himself and covered his eyes with his hands. "don't look at me!" He demanded, blindly searching for his glasses. "Crowley, how I didn't know your eyes could expand that far!" He exclaimed shocked. "Like- they where almost fully black! Just a bit of yellow- I wonder what caused your pupils to expand so far?" He pondered rhetorically. "NGK!" Crowley Cried reaching for his glasses while covering his eyes."Crowley, look at me." Aziraphale said, suddenly serious. The demon writhed around frantically and refused, searching for his glasses the angel had hidden. "Crowley," the angel began, as he gently grabbed his shoulders and aimed his body at his own. "Look at me." He said in a flat, yet calming tone. Crowley did not cooperate, looking in the complete opposite directions, until stopping and looking down. His face was redder than the angel had ever seen. He placed two fingers on the demons chin, and hoisted it up to face him. Crowley looked like he was about to explode. He tried to say something but all that came out was a stutter and a small whimper. Aziraphale inspected his eyes, which only seemed to widen more the closer he got.

"Crowley. Why do your pupils dilate when you look at me." He said seriously, once again. "I- well- they- ngk!" Crowley Cried before barging our and dashing to the bathroom where he proceeded to lock himself in. Aziraphale knocked, worried- until he heard a sob. That was enough. He miracled in and gasped. Crowley was on the floor, in tears. "Crowley my dear, what on earth is wrong?!" He cried. "I- I'm sorry," He stammered. "It's not my fault- I can't help it! I know you don't feel the same way, it's fine." He shouted, distraught. He hated his eyes enough already, now, more than ever. He tucked his knees in and rested his head on them, sobbing into them. Azi was in shock. He had never seen a demon cry, let alone Crowley! He regained his thoughts and rushed over to him and kneeled next to him. "Just l- leave me angel- I'll get out of our way." He said sadly, his voice muffled. "No,no, no. Dear!" Cried the angel, "Crowley, look at me now, trust me." He whispered. Crowley slowly looked up, his puffy red eyes highlighted by tears. "Your eyes are beautiful- the most beautiful thing in the world." He said quietly but warmly. His pupils once agin began to widen, until the angel quickly kissed him deeply. His eyes went almost fully black and his face glowered  bright red. "I love you more than anything in this world." Aziraphale said, before Crowley replied, "I love you more than anything in this universe."