The Mock Battle:

Dimitri:

This wasn't the first time that Dimitri laid awake at night worrying about the future held and he was certain that it wouldn't be the last. This night however his sleeplessness wasn't due to his inner demons that plagued him it was a sense of nervousness about the mock battle, that Dimitri and his fellow Blue Lions would be departing in the morning. 

Dimitri knew that fighting in a mock battle and fighting in a real were two entirely separate entities but he was worried that when it came to it the darkness that he desperately tried to suppress would take over and he might gravely injure one of his fellow classmates. After laying down for hours Dimitri realized that sleep wasn't going to come to him tonight, so he decided instead to start preparing for the mock battle. 

By the time Dimitri had left his room daylight had started to peak out, He made his way to the training grounds to acquire some last minute training and to his surprise he wasn't the only person there. Byleth and Felix were both in the middle of sparing one another, Dimitri stood to the side to watch how it would play out, The fight lasted maybe two minutes tops and then Felix was on the ground. 

"You're certainly not going easy on me, You fight like a mercenary, not a knight. You hunger for victory, pure and simple" Felix said out of breath "You may not be aware of it yourself, but I see it" he added. 

"Should I take that as a compliment?" Byleth replied. 

"Indeed, Knights ought to have some hunger. I've always thought so." Felix said and proceeded to go on a tangent on knights not utilizing their hands and feet as weapons but instead limiting themselves on their tools. Felix stopped "Ah it seems we have company" he said coldly "How long do you intend to just watch for Boar" he snapped. 

"Good morning to you too Felix" Dimitri said "I apologize if I caused any discomfort I didn't want to intrude" he added. 

"hmph" Felix murmured. 

Dimitri turned to Byleth "Good morning to you too Byleth, If you're done here perhaps you would like to talk strategy?" he said. Byleth nodded "Excellent" Dimitri enthused "Felix perhaps you should join us as well?" he added. 

"I think not" Felix snapped before walking off. 

Dimitri and Byleth left from the training grounds to commence in planning their strategic attack against the opposing houses. As they were discussing their plans Claude and Edelgard approached, "Ah it seems we've missed our invite to this strategy meeting" Claude jokes "Don't worry we'll join in now" he quickly added. The four of them went back and forth with one another about who was going to win with Byleth concluding that they don't intend to lose. Dimitri and Byleth took a leave from the other two and joined the rest of their to leave for the mock battle.

The Blue Lions class began set up on their spot on the field, they were talking tactics when the trumpets rang as a warning that the battle would soon commence. Byleth quickly gave them detail on how they should first engage in battle with the Golden Deer by dismantling a blockade that she had seen to attack them right away and once they did so send a few people to take out there professor while the rest of use engage a fight with the Black eagles house and once finished with the Golden Deer we would produce a pincer attack and fight them from two different sides. The trumpets once again rang indicating that the battle had started, The Blue Lions took their spots near a forest and to their surprise the Golden deer initiated the fighting when a purple haired noble started heading towards them " Ignatz" Dimitri heard Claude shout "help Lorenz" An archer with dirty blond hair nodded and headed their way. 

The Blue Lions drew them closer to them until they could strike first, Ashe made the first hit at Lorenz leaving him weak enough that Dimitri was able to swoop in and finish the job "I lost?! unbelievable!" Lorenz shouted. Ignatz managed to get a few hits in on Annette before Felix and Byleth finished him off.