To Gronder Field, Part One:

Felix:

The boar has officially lost his damned mind.

That is what Felix has come to conclude, since they won the battle at the Great Bridge of Myrddin and even somehow managed to do it while sparing Ferdinand, Felix had begun to think maybe them winning this was something that could be done, not just a fruitless battle to make their delusional Prince feel as if he is doing all that he can to avenge the dead.

But no, nothing good lasts. Dimitri that stupid boar just couldn't live with the idea that Byleth and Claude want to spare Edelgard if possible and so Dimitri decides to damn what is left of the Kingdom army alongside him, by going into this fight without the support of the Leicester Alliance.

Felix had hoped that maybe, just maybe the boar wasn't as far gone as he had thought guessed. So when Felix learned of Dimitri moving their army he thought that if anyone could reason with Dimitri it would be Byleth, but Felix instantly regretted that decision when he had begun heading to the stables and saw Byleth just staring into the night air.

In that moment Felix wished she had still been that stoic inexpressive Byleth that they had known when she first came to the monastery, because it was heart wrenching to see someone as strong as she was look so defeated.

By the boar none the less.

Felix looked away from the distressed Byleth and continued walking to the stables, he knows there is nothing he could do to comfort her, maybe a part of him doesn't want to either because he knows that they will possibly be fighting against one another.

Could it be possible that Felix might fall in battle by her hands? In his opinion it seemed unlikely that anyone else would be capable of killing him, so they would face one another on the battlefield.

How ironic.

Their final sparring session, well if you can call it that will be there last. And it will determine which of the two of them was in fact the best. Felix shook the thought out of his head, he knows Byleth despite the defeat that she had plastered over her face moments ago, will do absolutely anything necessary to make sure both parties make it out of there unscathed.

Felix doesn't know which one he is more worried for the revenge driven madman or the woman who would defy the goddess herself to protect her friends.

Either way the next battle is going to be one they will never forget.

Sylvain:

The Kingdom army had left in almost the middle of the night, Sylvain was certain this was Gilbert's and Rodrigue's idea, since Dimitri didn't really seem to be in the state of caring how others would react to this news.

Sylvain wasn't one to want to poke the sleeping bear but... This time Dimitri had really outdone himself, they had only just reunited with everyone, and now they must face the music and fight them to the death at Gronder Field.

Sylvain looked around at his companions, everyone was eerily silent as they made their way back to Fraldarius territory. Annette and Mercedes stood beside one another both their faces were tear stained, Ashe was nearby them, but he just looked down at the floor not bothering to make conversation. Ingrid and Felix walked besides one another, Ingrid's face was hurt and upset by the turn of events, and Felix... well Felix looked pissed to put it lightly. But then again Felix always looked like that.

Then there was Dedue. Sylvain was unable to see his face since he was trailing behind Dimitri, and Dimitri insisted on being as far as humanly possible from everyone else. Sylvain had to guess that Dedue was upset by this as well, although he may not have cared for the others, he did hold a friendship with Byleth that would make leaving unpleasant but he would do it, because Dimitri asked him to.