A Day at the Monastery:

Dimitri:

"They were some of the children that Lady Rhea took in after they had lost their parents?" Gilbert asked in shock, "Are you sure you are alright Your Highness?" he questioned.

Sylvain laughed, "I don't think we need to worry about His Highness" he said "They were all still practically kids" he added.

Gilbert frowned and shook his head, "Still I don't think that the both of you should have just let them go" he said "What if they go and try to attack someone else who is unable to defend themselves" he added.

Dimitri shook his head, "I don't think they will" he said "And if they do, I will personally take responsibility for their actions" he added.

Sylvain patted Dimitri on the shoulder, "I don't think you will have to go to that extent" he said.

Dimitri looked to the floor and remained silent. Sylvain was wrong, this was... No, it is his responsibility. As the person who taught them how to wield a blade, he tainted them.

"Your Highness?" Gilbert called out.

Dimitri looked up to him, "Yes?" he asked.

"Are you sure that you are alright?" he asked.

Dimitri nodded and stood up from the chair in the infirmary, "Yes, I am now if you'll excuse me" he said and began leaving the room.

He needed to clear his head.

And as usual Dimitri was drawn to the training grounds and swung his lance until exhaustion ate at him.

His body felt sore, or maybe it was the weather Dimitri thought as he put the training lance back on the rack then left from the grounds.

Wait.

He still needed to find Byleth.

Maybe she was in her quarters?

Dimitri walked past the classrooms and saw her there in the grass area looking up at the sky.

He wondered, was she waiting for the rain to fall? Or perhaps she was silently cursing the heavens.

Dimitri watched Byleth for a moment then drew closer to her, she turned to him as he stood waiting for her to acknowledge him. "Dimitri" Byleth said she stared at him unsure why he had approached her. For a moment Dimitri considered telling her of what had happened to the children that they had taught swordsmanship to all of those years ago. But... Now did not seem the time to.

"Hello Byleth" Dimitri replied and paused for a moment, "I wished to speak with you on a matter regarding the future of our army" he said.

Byleth looked confused, but she nodded her head. "Alright" she said "What is your question?" she asked.

Dimitri was quiet for a moment; he was trying to find the words to tell someone that he cared for deeply that their idea of sparing everyone wouldn't be possible. Especially not against someone such as Rhea.

"Byleth" Dimitri said softly, "I was wanting to know what your plans were for Rhea?" he asked.

Byleth chuckled softly. "You want to know if I will kill her" she stated.

Dimitri inhaled sharply, perhaps he had said the wrong thing "Byleth you don't have to kill her, there are others who could do it" he began but was cut off.

Byleth shook her head, "No" she said "It has to be me" she added.

Dimitri frowned, "Byleth, if it is going to affect you perhaps you shouldn't be the one to do it" he said softly.