Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:

Dimitri:

Dimitri's blood runs cold.

"Cease all fighting".

That rings through the air. Dimitri knows who it is before he turns his head.

Edelgard.

There she is standing atop of the stairs that lead to the throne.

"Kill her" Glenn hisses.

Dimitri ignores him.

Edelgard's arm is around Byleth's shoulder, both of them are injured, they fought.

"As of today, the Adrestrian Empire is no more, her lands will dissolve into both the Kingdoms and the Alliance" Edelgard declares.

The room falls silent immediately, with the occasional clatter of a sword falling onto stone.

Edelgard looks around the room at every single person, their eyes meet for a moment then she continues looking around. "As of today, I am no longer your leader" Edelgard began "And as my last order, our army will join their forces to stop all those who are a threat to the future of Fodlan" she said then paused for a moment "As of today the Empire has fallen, and with that we will bring forth new change" Edelgard concluded.

Dimitri inhaled deeply.

Byleth succeeded.

Part of Dimitri is thrilled, but... The other still longs for that Woman's head.

Dimitri watches as Byleth and Edelgard slowly climbed down the stairs.

Edelgard's face remains calm, and Byleth... This has to be the most expressive that he has seen her. She looks... Nervous.

"Holy shit, she did it," Sylvain said as he stood beside Dimitri.

"So, what happens now?" Bernadetta squeaked out.

"Didn't you hear Edelgard" Claude said while shaking his head "We are going to bring forth new change" he said then walked over to Byleth and Edelgard. Offering Edelgard his support as well.

And to Dimitri's surprise she took it, wrapping her other arm around his shoulders.

The three of them walked slowly, Dimitri couldn't tell if it was intentional or perhaps due to their injuries.

They stopped directly in front of Dimitri.

Dimitri looked down, "Edelgard" he said.

"Come with us," Edelgard said, "We have much to... discuss," she added.

Dimitri nodded then stepped aside to let them lead the way.

As they passed, he felt something grab at his hand. Dimitri looked up and his gaze met Byleth's.

She wanted him to walk with them.

Dimitri nodded and interlocked his fingers with hers and began walking beside them.

He doesn't know where they are going.

But Dimitri knows it's a step in the right direction.

Byleth squeezes his hand lightly as they walk in silence, none of their companions followed them as they made their way through the Palace.

"So, um... Where are we going?" Claude asked, breaking the silence between them.

"Somewhere that we will be able to speak privately" Edelgard said as they turned through many halls till, they finally stood in front of a large ornate door.

"Your room?" Byleth said.

Edelgard nods and pulls away from Byleth and Claude to open the door, revealing her bedroom then steps inside and beckons them inside.