The Beginning of the End:

Byleth:

"My, my, my you really are quite helpless without me, aren't you?" a familiar voice teased.

Byleth slowly opens her eyes, it's dark but in the distance, she sees a green glow.

"You know, it really is quite rude to just lay there especially given the fact I'm about to save your life, you boulder" the voice shouts.

Byleth sits up, "Sothis?" she said in a hoarse voice.

"Hmph! How long did it take you to figure that out you idiot!" Sothis shouted, "Oh! And don't even get me started on all of your moping, I told you I would always be with you" she said sternly.

"Sothis" Byleth called out.

Sothis stood up from her throne.

"No, I'm not done yet" Sothis shouted "I told you I trusted your judgment and every single step of the way you doubted yourself?!" she said "Ridiculous! You are so very lucky that you have me, and poor Dimitri you were so cruel!" she shouted.

Byleth stands up and walks over to Sothis, "I've missed you Sothis" Byleth said and continued walking till she reached the bottom stairs.

Sothis sighed and began descending down the stairs, "Fine, I suppose I forgive you" she said "After all what did I expect, you weren't ready to be left alone" she added.

Sothis continues climbing down till she is in front of Byleth.

"Are you mad at the path I chose Sothis?" Byleth asked.

Sothis frowned, "Don't ask stupid questions" she said sternly "I left Fodlan in the hands of your Judgment, Rhea she was unfit to be in such a position" she said "That rebellious young one was right, Rhea lacked humanity it's a curse of our kind" she hummed.

Byleth frowned, "What do you mean?" she asked.

Sothis sighed, "Always so dense Byleth" she huffed "That form Rhea takes, it slowly eats away at whatever humanity my children have, it's the price of such a power" Sothis said.

Byleth nodded her head, "I see" she said then paused for a moment "So, what happens now?" she asked.

Sothis throws her hands up, "Always so impatient" she huffed "We haven't spoken in ages!" she added.

Byleth chuckled "You're right, I'm sorry Sothis" she said.

Sothis laughed, "Your words contradict your heart young one" she said "Fodlan still needs its hero" she sighed, "I will need to take this from you" she said and pointed to her chest where the crest stone resided.

Byleth nodded, "I understand" she said.

"Worry not, I'll give you a gift you'll keep your crest" she said "We'll just make it, so it doesn't stunt you anymore" she added. "After all someone still needs to wield that blade" Sothis said, "And while the white haired young one is interesting, she isn't you" she added.

Byleth smiled, "Sothis you flatterer" she said "Does this mean that you will be in my head again?" she asked.

Sothis shook her head, "Unfortunately not young one" she said softly "Fodlan doesn't need a God" she hummed "So, no more second chances Byleth" she said "You must live life without my powers for now on" she added then laughed. "Go grow old and gray with your Prince" she said softly then paused for a moment, "I will miss you Byleth" Sothis said sadly.

Byleth felt tears well in her eyes, "I will miss you to Sothis" she said sadly.

Sothis smiled, "Ah! Right! You'll need this to wield your blade, won't you?" she hummed and tossed something to Byleth.