The Rite of Rebirth:

Byleth:

Byleth had been pacing around the Cathedral since the sun had begun to rise, she hoped that there hunch was right.

"Worried about the Archbishop?" Sothis asked jokingly.

Yeah right Byleth thought back. 

Byleth tried to give the archbishop the benefit of the doubt but there was just something about how she treated Byleth that didn't feel right, it made her think that she had some hidden agenda of her own. 

Byleth sighed "Worry not Byleth '' Sothis said "You have me here to protect you" she said while laughing, Thanks Sothis Byleth thought. 

"Byleth''a voice called out and Byleth turned to see that it was Dimitri who had called her. 

"Oh Dimitri" Byleth said "I didn't expect to see you here this early" Byleth added.

"Ah- yes I wanted to scope out the area beforehand" Dimitri said "However it seems you beat me to it" He added with a laugh "Have you been here long?" Dimitri asked and Byleth shook her head.

"You two seem a little to relaxed for my liking" a loud voice boomed, Byleth looked as the Green haired man, Seteth was approaching her and Dimitri "Might I remind you that the rite of rebirth is about to commence, and not only that but on this mission the well- being of Lady Rhea is at stake" Seteth snarled.

"Right you are'' Dimitri piped in before Seteth cut him off 

"Perhaps you two would be best off guarding a coffin" Seteth said with a huff and then stormed off. 

"Little does he know'' Byleth said as soon as Seteth was out of earshot.

Dimitri let out a chuckle "We'll show him, I'm certain of that" Dimitri responded.

Byleth and Dimitri left guarding the outside of the holy mausoleum to gather with the rest of the Blue Lions class, once they gathered them they headed back to the Cathedral so they could guard the Holy Mausoleum. "Your Highness" Dedue said "It appears that someone is in the Holy mausoleum" he added.

Dimitri approached the entrance "Come on Blue Lions let's not waste time!" Dimitri shouted while running in with the rest of his class on his tail. 

Byleth scoped out what they were up against when she saw a dark mage in the back that appeared to be trying to break into a tomb. "Dimitri" she shouted "We need to take out the mages first then split in two to make our way along the right and left" Byleth added.

"Agreed, it's probably best if we avoid that knight right there though, he looks tougher than the others" Dimitri said. Byleth turned and saw him, a knight that rode on a horse covered in all black armor, he looked like the embodiment of death itself Byleth thought, and she nodded in agreement to Dimitri.

The battle began, the Blue Lions first began their descent on the three mages that were closest to them, after fighting them for a while they eventually fell back from the battle. Byleth then realized that that strange knight happened to be blocking a route that would allow them to access the dark mage quicker, crap she thought. "Dimitri change of plans'' Byleth shouted at him, "Lysithea and I are going after the knight" she added, Dimitri seemed like he was about to protest but before he could Byleth shouted at him "Dimitri, take Ashe, Dedue, and Mercedes and take the left side" Dimitri nodded and began heading that way, Byleth then turned to Felix "Felix" she yelled "Take, Annette, Ingrid, and Sylvain and take on the right side" She added.

"On it" Felix shouted back before heading towards the right. 

Byleth and Lysithea continued on straight towards the strange knight. When they approached the knight he began saying that they would fall victim to his scythe, and Byleth had a feeling that if they weren't careful what he said might be true. Byleth lunged at the knight she managed to hit him once but he dodged her other attack, and attacked her right back. 

He was strong, very strong Byleth thought as she winced through the pain from his counter attack, Lysithea got ready to attack and she shouted "Get out of my way!" as she shot him with a critical miasma attack. 

The knight was caught off guard by the intensity of her attack and was forced to retreat "We will meet again" he said staring at Byleth. 

Lysithea came running to Byleth's side "What were you thinking?!" she demanded "He could have killed you!" Lysithea scolded while she began to heal Byleth. 

"Sorry" Byleth mumbled, "Come on we have to keep moving" she added continuing on in the now accessible path with Lysithea following from behind, while the others were still engaged in battle with some of the mages that were blocking the sides.

Byleth and Lysithea worked together in picking off some of the mages that strayed away from the left and right sides, before they continued onward towards the dark mage. They were almost there, Byleth braced herself with her sword in hand "You're too late" the dark mage cackled "I've already broken the seal" he added "Huh?" she heard him say in confusion "A sword? this can't be right?" he said. 

Byleth saw him pull out this weird looking sword from the tomb and before he could attempt to use it Byleth lunged forward knocking it out of his grasp, The dark mage retaliated with a miasma that knocked Byleth's sword out of her grasp. Crap she thought, and without thinking she grabbed that weird looking sword and it began to glow.

"Oh you've done it now" Sothis hissed, now isn't the time Sothis, Byleth thought back and lunged an attack at the dark mage. After a bit of fighting the mage fell to the ground in defeat, Byleth looked down at the sword that she had just used it reminded her of Catherine's but something was off about it.

Byleth was brought back from her thoughts when she heard Lysithea calling her "Byleth?" Lysithea said with curiosity."Are you alright?" she asked.

"I think so" Byleth responded never breaking her gaze at the sword. Catherine came rushing into the Holy Mausoleum with a few other knights and told them to go and get any of the remaining mages while she went to interrogate the students on what just happened.