Horsebow Moon:

Byleth:

"Byleth" A loud voice called from outside of her room door, Byleth jolted up from her slumber and stumbled to the door. She opened the door, blinking in surprise by the brightness of the sunlight. "Ah- I'm sorry to have disturbed your sleep" The person said, Byleth shaded her eyes and realized that it was Dimitri.

"No worries" Byleth yawned "I should have been awake since earlier" she added

"Oh I almost forgot" Dimitri said, "I met with Lady Rhea right now, and she requested your presence" he added. Dimitri probably noticed the look of discomfort that fell upon Byleth's face "If you'd like I can accompany you?" he offered Byleth.

She shook her head "No that's alright" Byleth sighed "I have to get over it" she added.

Dimitri leaned against her door frame "You know Byleth I never did take you out to eat yesterday" he said, Byleth felt this weird feeling in her chest when he said that. "And since things should be calming down now perhaps now is a good time?" Dimitri asked, Byleth watched some blush creep across his cheeks.

"Hmm... I suppose so, especially since we have the whole month practically free" Byleth said "We can do it later today if you'd like?" Byleth suggested.

Dimitri's face lit up "Yes- today is perfect" he said then paused for a moment "Say Byleth have you ever ridden on horseback before?" Dimitri asked, and Byleth shook her head "Ah then it's settled I shall prepare a horse for the evening" he said excitedly "Oh right I should let you get ready to meet with the Archbishop" he added. "I shall see you later this evening" Dimitri concluded then turned away to leave in an attempt to maintain his composure.

Byleth closed the door and quickly changed into the school uniform, then left to speak with the Archbishop. "Welcome Byleth" Rhea said as soon as Byleth entered the room, she noticed professor Hanneman was there as well "I see I was right to task your class with finding Flayn" she beamed "Manuela told me that Flayn is recovering nicely, as is Monica" Rhea added.

"Is Monica a student here?" Byleth asked after remembering Sothis wondering the very same thing.

"Monica the girl you rescued along with Flayn is also a student here at the officers academy, however" Rhea said.

Professor Hanneman piped in "She is a student from last years class, she went missing just before she would have graduated, It had never occurred to us that something might have happened to her at the monastery, we had believed that she simply ran away". he sighed "I never dreamed we would have found her, not like this".

Rhea began to tell Byleth how Monica would join the Black Eagles house once she recovered, and that the students must move past this tragic incident. After that she proceeded to tell Byleth how next month they would be participating in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion. Once she had finished telling Byleth about that she dismissed her.

"Hey kiddo" Byleth heard her Father call out from his office, Byleth walked that way then entered Jeralt's office "I heard that you'll be going to Gronder field next month, You've never been there before have you?" Jeralt asked, Byleth shook her head "There is unease in the western side of the Empire, but everything east of the Capital, Enbarr is stable" he added "Well there was a noble rebellion a while ago, but it didn't amount to much" he sighed.

"Will you come to the Battle of the Eagle and Lion?" Byleth asked.

"Sorry, but I've got my own mission and it's far from Gronder Field" Jeralt said apologetically "The church has always been quick to make use of those who work for them" he added "What I'm more concerned about is finding out who among us is pulling the strings" Jeralt whispered. "Ever since the Rite of Rebirth strange groups have been seen around Garreg Mach, and elsewhere too" he said "There was also an incident where some knights investigating these suspicious strangers... turned up dead" he added. "Not that it's likely but if something like that ever happens to me..." Jeralt began "Search this room every corner, every shelf. I'm going to leave something for you" Jeralt concluded.