The Battle at Fort Merceus:

Claude:

Claude and a few of the Alliance soldiers split from the group before they reached the gates to Fort Merceus. They entered through the Northern part of Fort Merceus.

Soon...

They should be here soon, in the distance Claude could hear yelling and assumed that the clash was about to begin.

"You let them in? Make haste and slaughter them all" the Death Knight called out, he seemed to be speaking to someone, but the only voice Claude heard was his voice. "They are enemies. Slaughter them all. I will not say it again" the Death Knight commanded.

Right away the scream and clashing of blades began to sound, but Claude had to pay attention.

They should be here by now...

As if right on cue, the sound of war horses trotting fills the air from behind the Alliance army. Claude turns around and sees a good-sized army of war horses and Wyverns heading their way.

A man wearing neutral green colors emerges at the front of the line of horses, he raises his right arm at Claude.

It took Nardel long enough.

Claude begins walking towards them, behind him he can hear the gasps of his soldiers unsure of what to make of an Almyran army emerging seemingly out of thin air.

Nardel is staring Claude down, and he sees him pull out his bow.

Claude does the same.

Both draw their bow, he can't quite tell who was the fastest of the two, but it doesn't matter. The arrows clash together.

The sound of the splintering wood is deafening.

Claude quickly draws his sword and begins running as fast as he can in the direction of Nardel.

Nardel sees this and drops his bow, and pulls out a sword, he's ready to strike.

Claude jumps before he lands a blow on Nardel to give him the upper hand since he rode in on a horse.

Their swords clash together, the impact pushes them back.

Neither of them puts their blades down and Nardel hops down from his mount, "I see your skills haven't dulled yet, kiddo" Nardel calls out.

Claude is mildly offended at the accusation that he wouldn't preserve his battle prowess, "What did you expect?" he replies then laughs.

Claude is the first to lower his blade, then turns to the open-mouthed Alliance army "Everyone, listen up!" he shouts "For now on the Almyran forces will be fighting by our side!" he declares. The look of shock is plastered amongst the faces of some of the soldiers he can see, Claude turns back and looks to the Almyran army "We'll work as one! And we will bring down that Fort together!" he shouts. To Claude's surprise a cheer ripples through the Almyran army, while the Alliance army is still in utter shock... No disbelief.

Nardel quickly catches up to where Claude is, "Lead the way" he said.

Claude nods, and the two of them make their way to the front of the Alliance army.

"An impregnable fortress is a wide-open prairie once you get inside. From here, we'll attack from the North, while the others attack from the South" Claude said to Nardel.

Nardel had a confused look on his face, "No different than a prairie, you say? Heh! You've got a strange head on your shoulders, kiddo" he said.

Claude smiled at him, "For Nader the Undefeated, this should be as easy as a walk in the meadow, right?" Claude teased.