Those Who Slither in the Dark:

Dimitri:

It took a couple of days before Claude arrived back at the monastery, "Your Majesty" Claude shouted as he came into view, "What a shame I can't call you Your Princeliness any longer" he sighed while shaking his head.

Dimitri smiled and shook his head, "Am I hearing that Almyra is declaring war?" he teased.

Claude laughed, "Yeah, yeah, real funny Dimitri" he said then patted Dimitri on the shoulder "It's good to see you again, I'm glad you are doing well" he added. "I was a bit worried, given that Byleth was away from you for so long," Claude said.

"Worried I was going to go feral again?" Dimitri asked.

Claude was silent for a moment then nodded, "Yeah, kinda" he replied.

Dimitri flinched a little at his honesty, but truthfully, he was worried about it as well. That if he strays from the light that none of his advisors would be able to set him straight.

"I understand your concern" Dimitri sighed, and silence fell over the two of them.

Claude was the one to break the tension after a few seconds passed, "So where's Byleth?" he asked.

"Cardinal's room, she's been going over maps to try and locate a more accurate spot where the city of those who slither in the dark is" he said.

Claude nodded, "Ah, let's go save her from the grunt work" he said "I already asked Holst to start scouting the area" he added.

Dimitri tensed up a bit.

Holst?

"Right" Dimitri said in a dry tone "Let's go find Byleth then" he added.

Claude eyed him suspiciously but didn't say anything on the matter, "Alright then let's go" he said then began walking to the Cardinal's room.

Byleth was alone in the Cardinal's room staring over a large map of Fodlan, she glanced over at the door as Dimitri opened it.

A smile fell over her face, "Dimitri" she said in a sweet voice.

His heart skipped a beat, Dimitri smiled "Hello my beloved" he said and walked over to her side.

"Hey Claude, long time no see, how's it going in Almyra" Claude said loudly at the entrance of the door. "Oh, you know the usual, Great to see you too Byleth" he added.

Byleth chuckled, "It's good to see you too Claude" she said.

Claude sighed in an over dramatic manner, "Took you long enough" he said "Annette told me to tell you both hello, and that she wishes she could be here" he added.

"I'm glad she is doing well," Byleth said with a nod.

"Yeah... I'm certain you'll see her soon either way, since you two will be getting married soon no doubt" Claude said in a nonchalant tone.

Dimitri watched as Byleth's face turned a shade of pink, "What do you think beloved, should we invite Claude?" he asked.

Byleth shook her head, "Nope" she replied.

Claude shrugged, "That's fine I guess I will just have to crash the party" he said with a laugh.

Byleth smiled and looked back to the map and pointed to a spot in the mountains between Hrym and Goneril territory. "This is where we think the city may be located, it's called Shambhala" Byleth said.

Claude nodded his head, "I have Holst canvassing the area, I'll write to him to inspect that area more thoroughly" he said.

A pang of jealousy hit Dimitri.