A United Front:

Dimitri:

Was it a mistake letting Claude and Edelgard separate from the others so soon after defeating them?

Their allies stared at both Byleth and Dimitri with worried eyes when Claude and Edelgard were nowhere in sight. Dimitri knew what they were thinking.

"The boar killed her?" Felix asked bluntly.

Byleth shook her head, "No Felix, Dimitri did not kill Edelgard" she said.

"I bet Claude is covering up the crime scene" Sylvain whispered loudly to Felix while staring at Dimitri with a wide grin. Dimitri frowned at him, "Oh, come on Your Highness, I am only joking" Sylvain laughed.

"Don't say things like that!" Annette scolded "I wish Ingrid were here to beat you up, you villain!" she shouted at Sylvain.

"Oh, don't worry Annette I got this" Hilda said and proceeded to smack Sylvain on the back of his head.

"Ouch! That was somehow worse than all of Ingrid's slaps combined" Sylvain groaned.

Hilda rolled her eyes and walked up to Byleth and Dimitri, "So where did Claude and Edelgard go?" she asked.

"To get Hubert," Byleth said.

"Are you sure that is a good idea?" Linhardt called out, "He did try to kill you not that long ago" he added.

Byleth shook her head, "They are our allies now" she said sternly "I know it is going to be weird for a while but, we need to work together" she added.

"What about that organization that was working with the Empire?" Lysithea asked.

"They are long gone from the Empire," Dimitri replied.

Lysithea nodded, "I figured as much" she said while shaking her head "What cowards" she added.

Dimitri nodded his head in agreement, he wondered though how things would have played out had his Uncle and those who slither in the dark remained.

Would Edelgard still have taken Byleth's hand still? Or would she have fought until Byleth was left with no choice but to put her down?

Dimitri tossed those thoughts out of his head; he already heard enough nonsense like that spewn from Glenn. And the last thing he needs to do is contribute to the doubt.

"Ugh, Claude is taking forever" Hilda groaned.

Byleth shook her head, "Hilda, Dimitri and I haven't even been here for a couple of minutes" she said, and Hilda just shrugged.

"So, what's our course of action now?" Sylvain asked, "Since we will have not only Alliance and Kingdom soldiers, but Adrestrian soldiers as well" he said "Are we heading for Faerghus now?" he asked excitedly.

Dimitri nodded, "Yes with the Empires strength and ours put together we are going to be able to shift our focus on the Church of Seiros and the Dukedom" he said.

"We'll be fighting Rhea!?" Bernadetta questioned, "Oh man, Bernie you've really done it now" she murmured.

"What about Flayn and Seteth?" Linhardt asked.

"If they surrender, we will have no reason to kill them" Dimitri said, "Our quarrel is not with them, but with Rhea and Cornelia" he concluded.

"That's a relief," Annette said, "I would hate to have to kill them," she added.

Byleth nodded in agreement, "As would I," she said.

It wasn't long before Claude alongside Edelgard and Hubert arrived where everyone was waiting.