The Holy Mausoleum:

Byleth: 

"Do you understand your mission for this month?" Seteth said sternly while glaring at Byleth and Dimitri. 

"Yes of course" Dimitri chipped in.

"What troubles you child?" Rhea questioned Byleth. Byleth proceeded to ask her why they would attempt an assassination attempt, and Rhea giggles "Don't worry my well being child I'll be fine, the knights and all the students will all be here to make sure nothing bad happens" Rhea said with a smile.

"But that doesn't mean to make light of this situation" Seteth warns "All classes need to be prepared, for now the both of you are dismissed" Seteth said. 

Byleth and Dimitri left from their meeting with archbishop, and Dmitri turned to Byleth as they were walking away "Hey Byleth" Dimitri says "You don't think that the assassination threat is real do you?" he asked "If i'm being honest I don't think it is either" he added "It's just such an absurd plan that was left in such an obvious place" Dimitri said.

"Almost like someone wanted it to be found" Byleth added in.

"My thoughts exactly" Dimitri said with a smile "But what might be the reason for that and who orchestrated this whole thing" he mumbles "Perhaps it's possible that what happened with Lord Lanato was just so the church could find that threat" Dimitri murmured.

"What do you think the real objective is?" Byleth asked.

"I don't have the slightest idea" Dimitri said.

"Hmm maybe we should get Claude's help on this" Byleth suggested.

Dimitri looked a bit shocked at her suggestion "Hmm getting cozy with our rivals?" Dimitri jokes. 

That joke caught Byleth off guard "funny, and what about you and your puppy love for the imperial princess" Byleth quickly responded. 

"Now, that's good lark. I had no idea you had a sense of humor Byleth" Dimitri laughed "I'll tell you all about it... some other time" Dimitri added as he quickly tried to change the subject. "Byleth, if you don't mind, I have a favor I'd like to ask of you" Dimitri said.

"What's the favor?" Byleth asked.

"It's in regard to sword training, not for myself, but... well..." Dimitri trailed "To be honest I've been teaching swordsmanship to the orphans at the monastery for a while now" he said.

"How unexpected" Byleth responded.

"I must agree, Frankly I'm not great with children" Dimitri said, he began to tell her how they saw him training one day and asked for him to train them and so he agreed "There is much I wish to show them, but due to my own studies and training I'm afraid my time is rather limited, Which brings me to my favor. You have unmatched swordsmanship. I hate to ask this of you but... Would you consider lending a hand? Dimitri asked eagerly.

" You can count on me" Byleth replied.

"Thank you, truly I am in your debt, and I always repay my debts I'll have you know" Dimitri said, He began to tell Byleth how he felt responsible for these children that had no parents since they are one in the same. Dimitri continued on telling her about after he lost his parents he was alone with no one to trust and so he felt obligated to help them "Oh please accept my apologies for boring you with my life story, In any case don't forget your promise Byleth. I'm counting on you." Dimitri said. "Well I suppose I should be off now, goodbye Byleth" Dimitri said before walking away.

A few days had passed since Byleth had made the promise to help with the sword training with the orphans, initially Byleth didn't think it would be so bad but she soon found out she was probably no better with children then the prince was. She was terribly afraid that she might injure one of them, Sothis laughed at her paranoia "They'll be fine if Dimitri was training them first" she added, Byleth thought about it for a second and Sothis did have a good point since Dimitri is incredibly stronger than any other men she had met. Byleth was making her way to the dining hall lost in thought when she heard someone.