The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:

Claude:

They followed Dimitri into the Imperial Palace, so far, they didn't see any enemies which either meant they would be condensed together or... They were hiding.

But since they were still alive that seemed unlikely.

"Everyone! Prepare for a bitter struggle! Victory to the Adrestrian Empire!" Edelgard's voice rang through the palace.

Well she knows they're there now, it's only a matter of time before they come for them.

"Is everyone ready?" Claude called out, "Our objective is to defeat Edelgard" he said and paused for a moment, "Based on what I know of this place, the throne room is directly north of the castle's main entrance" he added. "It is safe to assume that is where Edelgard is" Claude added.

"I'll deal with Edelgard," Byleth said.

Claude nodded, "Byleth... Edelgard is a fellow student to us all. If there is a path that we can walk together, that would be preferable" he began "But that all depends on Edelgard. If she won't yield, then that's that" he said, pausing for a moment. "If showing pity would put my allies in danger, I will not hesitate to kill her" Claude said sternly.

Byleth's gaze fell to the ground and she nodded her head, "I understand" she said.

Claude frowned; he knew Byleth wouldn't do anything to jeopardize her allies. But... He knew if only she was at risk she would not hesitate in the slightest, even if it would cost Byleth her own life. Claude sighed, now wasn't the place to have that break through with her "I ask that everyone here prepare yourselves to do the same" Claude concluded.

Dimitri nodded, "We will not falter" he said, and began guiding them further into the Imperial palace.

They climbed the stairs in silence, armor shifting and heels clacking on stone were the only things heard.

Once they reached the top of the stairs they were met with soldiers in a formation. They must have been waiting for them.

There... There really aren't that many soldiers.

That's odd.

Dimitri lunges at the nearest soldier, slashing at him with Areadbhar. While Byleth is firing at the soldiers at random with a fire spell. The others soon join in and the five soldiers who had been lying in wait for them are soon just bodies on the floor.

"Hey, uh... I think the throne room is locked" Sylvain calls out, as he shakes a great big wooden door.

Claude laughed, "Our bashful little Emperor has locked herself up behind the door of the throne room" he said while shaking his head.

"More enemies" Byleth called out, Claude looked and saw that they were coming from both sides, hoping to trap them between their forces.

Damn.

"We need to split" Claude yelled.

Byleth nodded, then took off swinging the sword of the creator at a Demonic Beast that was blocking the doorway through the right side.

Claude went left and was met with mages on the other side of that doorway.

"You're too reckless" Dimitri's voice called out from behind him. Areadbhar went sailing through the air and into a mage.

That's gotta hurt.

Claude fired at random, shooting whoever her could while Dimitri retrieved his lance and got to work on clearing out the room.

Sylvain:

More enemies.

Just as they had realized that the throne room was locked, more enemies arrived.