Gronder Field, Part Two:

Byleth:

"There you two are" a voice called out, Byleth rose her sword just as a precaution, and Claude turned to face the person who called to them. It was Lysithea, a scowl covered her face and she fell in position behind Byleth and Claude. Byleth turned back around to look at their surroundings.

"Jesh Lysithea" Claude said in an irritated tone "You almost gave me a heart attack" he added.

Lysithea let out a huff in annoyance, "Well maybe if the two of you hadn't ditched me, I wouldn't have been worried sick and need to search for you" Lysithea said in a scolding tone.

Byleth squinted her eyes, no longer paying attention to the banter between Claude and Lysithea.

Felix.

There is Felix.

Without thinking she rushed out of the forested area and into Felix's path.

Felix squinted his eyes at her, "I always knew that you and I would be each other's last battle" he said.

Byleth looked towards the ground, this isn't how she wanted things to be, "Felix, I don't want to fight you" she said in a warning tone, he drew closer to her until they were a few feet apart.

"Don't waste your time with frivolous words" Felix said sternly, "One of us dies here, Eisner" he added. Felix let out a small laugh, "At last we'll see who is the best out of the two of us" he said and paused for a moment then raised his sword "Don't hold back" Felix said sternly then lunged at her.

Byleth took a step back, his blade grazed her armor slightly. She raised her blade and looked up at Felix, his face didn't tell what he was feeling.

If he had any sadness at the fact one of them will die.

Byleth swung back at Felix and he parried he attack and launched one of his own.

It went back and forth like this for ages, then finally Felix slipped up on mistake and Byleth's blade struck his neck and Felix fell to the floor.

In that moment Byleth looked to her companions, Claude and Lysithea still hiding in the shrubs a spell dying down on Lysithea's fingertips. Then it hits Byleth, she had a plan to spare him, they mentioned using magic to knock someone out but had yet to test it.

Before anyone can say anything, a purple haze covers the fields once again, sure she can revert time. But the feeling of killing your friend.

That's something Byleth doesn't think she'll ever forget.

"Felix, I don't want to fight you" Byleth says in a pleading tone, she looks up to him. Curse his indifference.

Once again like clockwork Felix closes in on Byleth until they are a few feet away. Byleth raises her sword, she knows a strike is coming.

"Don't waste your time with frivolous words" Felix said sternly, "One of us dies here, Eisner" he added. Felix let out a small laugh, "At last we'll see who is the best out of the two of us" he said and paused for a moment then raised his sword "Don't hold back" Felix said sternly then lunged at her once again.

Byleth blocked his attack this time, she knew how he would do it so with each strike he made Byleth ensured that her blade blocked it.

Felix let out a frustrated grunt, "Byleth, I said don't hold back" Felix shouted and swung his blade. Byleth ducked. Finally, an opening Byleth thought as she kicked Felix's legs out causing him to fall to the ground.

Hopefully Lysithea will take her shot soon.

"Your foot work has gotten sloppy Fraldarius" Byleth said while looking down at him. Felix frowned at her, for a moment she thought he'd say something witty or clever but instead Felix proceeded to kick out Byleth's legs as well.