The Foreign Land and Sky

Byleth:

Claude had made it seem as though riding a Wyvern would be simple.

But to be fair, Byleth should have known better than to have believed him. She had been riding a top of the air beast for what felt like hours now and the nausea feeling didn't seem like it would subdue anytime soon.

Although there is one perk to the discomfort she feels while flying and that is it is the only thing that is in her mind.

Not once as she is flying does she think of the hurt expression on Dimitri's face as he wished her a safe trip.

Byleth had assumed it was a blessing in disguise, but it made the night significantly worse when she had to deal with that guilt.

Byleth sighed and sat up from her cot and left her tent to sit at the fire that was now dimming.

"You're up late" someone called out, Lysithea soon came out of the shadows and sat down beside Byleth.

"I couldn't sleep," Byleth replied.

Lysithea nodded, "I understand the feeling" she sighed.

"Hmm, are you feeling troubled?" Byleth asked.

Lysithea was quiet for a moment thinking over Byleth's question. "I suppose so," Lysithea finally said.

"I'm here to listen if you wish to talk about it," Byleth said.

Lysithea nodded, "Thank you Byleth" she said softly "It's just... is this war is done so much will change" she said "And I won't be there to see it, there is still so much that I want to contribute to Fodlan and yet..." Lysithea sighed "I guess it matters not... My fate has been decided long ago" she added sadly.

Byleth was silent for a moment, she understood. Everything that Lysithea said, Byleth had felt. Was it selfish to wish to reap the fruit of one's labor? No, it wasn't and yet they would be denied that. "I am sorry Lysithea" Byleth said "I know that it is not fair" she sighed "Perhaps we could try to find a way to remove your second crest?" she suggested.

Lysithea nodded, "Linhardt mentioned something along those lines, and yet it is hard to stay optimistic about the chances of that happening" she sighed.

Byleth nodded her head, "I understand" she said "But still I won't let you give up Lysithea" she said sternly.

Lysithea smiled softly, "Thank you Byleth, that brings me great comfort" she said then stood up "I'm going to try to turn in for the night, you should do the same" she added then left from Byleth's side.

Byleth sat watching the small crackles of flames that were dying on the charred wood, a few more minutes passed by then she got up and left to rest for the night.

The whole trip to Brigid was a repeated cycle of this.

It took roughly a week before they had finally got close to the body of water separating Fodlan from Brigid, "I have sending letters to my Grandfather" Petra began as they reached a more jungle area, "He has sent soldiers to receive us" she added.

"Ah, I see so they should be nearby" Byleth said and Petra nodded, then stopped in her tracks.

"Petra?" Byleth asked.

"Those are not the soldiers of my homeland" Petra said quietly.

Byleth looked over to where Petra was looking, and sure enough they were adorned in the white church of Seiros armor.

Great.

That's just what they needed.

And then the soldier looked right at them.