To Gronder Field, Part Two:

Byleth:

"Are you certain that Edelgard is going to be there?" Byleth asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Ferdinand nodded, "I am certain" he said, "Edelgard mentioned it before that if things took for the worst at the Bridge of Myrddin, that she herself would be in the next battle" he added.

"This certainly is a game changer" Claude pipped in, "Imagine if we manage to sway her over to our side at Gronder Field, then we can switch to fighting the real enemy" he said.

Ferdinand nodded, "I don't think you should expect her to surrender here" he said, "Edelgard will more than likely have a backup plan to prevent something like that" he added, then paused for a moment, "Which is why I need to ask a favor of you" he said.

Byleth tilted her head in confusion, "What kind of favor?" she asked.

Ferdinand shifted uncomfortably for a moment, "If Edelgard is out there fighting, then the rest of the Black Eagle Strike force will undoubtedly be there" he said with confidence. "I... I want to speak with them" Ferdinand said, "I know that Dorothea and Petra can be reasoned with" he said and paused for a moment, "I can't bear the thought of having to cross blades with them at Gronder" Ferdinand confessed.

Byleth stood there for a moment then nodded, "Of course" she said "You know them best, I trust you'll be able to sway them" she added.

Ferdinand smiled, "Thank you" he said "I will do my best" he added.

Byleth nodded, "You mentioned the Black Eagle Strike force" she said "Does that mean Hubert will be there as well?" Byleth asked.

Ferdinand nodded, "Yes, Hubert wouldn't let Edelgard go into battle without him" he said.

Byleth nodded, she should have realized that to begin with Hubert was loyal to a fault. Of course, he would fight alongside Edelgard.

"I won't attempt at swaying Hubert" Ferdinand said "I know that he cannot be reasoned with" he added.

Byleth nodded, "I know" she sighed. Byleth wasn't too fond of Hubert, but she still didn't like the idea that she would have to possibly kill him. But at the same time, she doesn't think Hubert would fight till his death, unless absolutely necessary.

"Hey but at least we can work with Dorothea and Petra" Claude said enthusiastically, "That's a win in my book" he added.

Byleth shook her head and let out a small laugh, "Ok, whatever you say Claude" she said, "Anyways, I need to go check in on Lysithea, see if she's made any progress" Byleth said, "I'll see you two later" she added and left from the Cardinal's room.

Byleth headed to the Library, she knew that is where Lysithea would be ever since she took up the task of figuring out a way to immobilize their opponents using magic.

Once Byleth reached the library, she peaked her head into the room, Lysithea was there and it seemed she recruited the help of Marianne. Byleth entered the room, "How's research going?" she asked as she walked over to the table that they were seated at

Lysithea looked up from one of the books she had been reading. Hope filled Byleth's body based on the smile that crept over Lysithea's face. "We found something" Lysithea said, "It will be helpful for mages, such as Annette or Mercedes, not so much for people who wield weapons" she added.

Byleth smiled at her, it was something to start with for now "What is it?" Byleth asked anxiously.

"It's a faith magic type, it's called silent" Lysithea explained, "For some reason I am unable to perform it" she said with an irritated tone, "However Marianne has no trouble using it" she added, "Show Byleth, Marianne" Lysithea said.