Remire Village:

Byleth:

Byleth woke up to a loud bang on her door, she got up to open it and it was her Father. "We've got to go. Now" Jeralt said urgently

"Ok" Byleth replied

Jeralt let out a sigh "The situation in Remire Village has changed drastically, we don't know much more than that" he said "We're hearing reports that the villagers are killing each other, some say houses are burning. Regardless, we need to move" Jeralt added. Byleth nodded and went to gather her fellow classmates to follow Jeralt.

Once they got to Remire village they soon say that all of the reports had been true, there were villagers that seemed to be killing one another and the whole village was practically ablaze. "Kill! Kill! Ahhhh!" Byleth heard a villager say while slaughtering someone, while another villager laughed maniacally at the sight of it. She felt sick to her stomach at the sight of the chaos. There were screams of help coming from the remaining villagers.

Jeralt's eyebrows furrowed "What's going on her" he sighed.

"Ungh..." Dimitri grunted.

Byleth turned to him "Are you ok?" she asked.

"I... don't worry about me I'm fine" Dimitri replied "Don't waste your time on me, saving the villagers is far more important, We haven't a moment to lose!" he added.

"What can we do amidst such confusion?" Dedue asked.

"We'll have to take up arms against the villagers who are rampaging, if we strike up carefully, it should be possible to spare their lives" Felix replied.

"Oh dear... Isn't there a more peaceful way to deal with this?" Mercedes said.

"No matter how long it takes we'll need to check and rescue them all, one at a time" Ingrid replied.

"Those who have gone mad may be victims themselves, Is it possible to save them?" Ashe asked.

"We'll saving the poor people who aren't crazy is definitely our top priority! Let's get on with it!" Annette shouted.

"Slow down, Annette. It won't do anyone any good if we panic and get injured ourselves" Sylvain replied.

Dedue turned to something off in the distance "Isn't that..." he gasped "Your highness, suspicious figures spotted in the village. They seem to be... watching the chaos" Dedue reported.

"Are they the ones responsible for this madness? if so... it's clear what must be done" Dimitri said with a sinister tone. "Kill them all, Don't let a single one of them escape, severe their limbs and crush their wicked skulls!" He shouted. Byleth was not expecting that response, and it seemed that everyone else was just as surprised by this outburst.

The battle was gruesome, Byleth knew that in order to save the unaffected civilians she had to kill the ones who had gone mad but it didn't make it any easier. It turned out that one of the people who was watching the chaos from the back was none other than Thomas the librarian, when he revealed himself as Solon. He told them how the people of Remire village were just his test subjects and he wasn't picky with who they were. Midway through the battle the Death Knight showed up, however they managed to avoid an altercation with him and once Solon retreated the Death Knight followed.

Byleth saw her father looking at what remained of Remire Village, she approached him and he sighed "Looks like we somehow managed to sort things out, And casualties were... kept to a minimum" Jeralt said "They said they weren't picky about who they used as their test subjects" he added. "Because of them the people of Remire Village" Jeralt said with rage.

"There you are" A voice called out, Byleth looked to see that it was the Flame Emperor.

"That armor, so you're the Flame Emperor" Jeralt said.