The Ball:

Byleth:

After the celebration that ensued after Byleth's win in the White Heron cup, the Blue Lions class made their way back to the monastery. As they were passing by the classrooms they heard Claude shouting "The time has come for the annual ball. But first an eve of merriment! Ok I'll admit the officers academy isn't as uptight as I though"

Hilda's voice followed after "Ooh I adore such things! Dancing is the only thing I'm really good at anyways" she said, that comment made Byleth feel a bit guilty about her victory, especially since it was aided by her Divine pulse.

"There's a feast tomorrow, isn't there? Isn't there?! Ah I can't wait a moment longer!" Another voice called out.

Lysithea let out a small laugh from hearing the excitement of her former class, and Dimitri let out a sigh "This is the only ball of the year, and I see why, Everyone is absurdly excited..." he said.

"Your Highness, you sound so detached, We are all encouraged to enjoy the ball" Dedue replied.

"Right you are, What a burden..." Dimitri sighed.

"Huh, I never thought we'd see eye to eye, but I agree" Felix said "I'd rather be swinging my blade than wasting my time with some girl at a ball" he added.

"Felix! Your Highness! You must be joking, right? This is our chance to dance with all of the ladies of the academy to our heart's content" Sylvain shouted "You wish to throw away the best day of the whole year for sword practice? Insanity, I tell you!" he added.

"I'm pretty excited about the ball, myself. It's not like we get to do things like this very often" Ashe said.

"Too true, Ashe. In fact, I'm gonna do you a favor and give you a crash course in chatting up girls, by tomorrow, you'll be an expert!" Sylvain said excitedly.

"Actually I'd much prefer if someone could just teach me how to dance..." Ashe said with an awkward laugh.

"Don't worry about the dancing part. I can teach you that, easy" Annette said.

"It's time for the ball! That warrants at least a tiny bit of makeup, don't you think Ingrid? just a smidge?" Mercedes added.

"I... Hmm, maybe, I'll think about it" Ingrid said hesitantly.

"It's settled! Tomorrow morning we'll meet up in Ingrid's room, Ooh I can't wait" Annette said excitedly.

Claude poked his head out of the classroom door "Hey why don't you guys come in here and join us?" he said and gestured to his classmates.

Dimitris brows furrowed for a moment "Hmm... I don't see why not" he said and then proceeded to enter the classroom and the Blue Lions followed.

Claude proceeded to stand on one of the desks "Everyone! Listen up" he shouted "To no one's surprise, I have a brilliant idea, And you Blue Lions, you'll want in on this too" Claude added with a wink.

"What's your idea?" Byleth groaned.

Claude let out a small laugh from Byleth's response then began his pitch "This may sound impetuous. Perhaps irresponsible, Almost certainly impossible" he said, "But we're going to do it anyways. In exactly five years time, let's promise to meet again, right here at the monastery" Claude concluded.

"Five years from now? Ah! That's when Garreg Mach will be holding its Millennium festival" Dimitri said.

"By then we'll be addressing your Highness as your Majesty instead!" Ingrid said happily.

"That's right. I suppose we all know it's coming, but by then you'll be far removed from us" Sylvain said.

"Come now, You know me better than that, My title may change but I won't" Dimitri said sadly "And it won't just be me, you know. Five years from now, you'll all have your own stuffy positions to contend with" he added. "But as I understand it, the festivities at the Millennium festival will be of a scale far beyond anything we've yet seen..." Dimitri said