Into the Abyss:

Byleth:

The students had been walking in the tunnels in silence for a while before Edelgard spoke up "Hmm... it seems this place is more than a simple passageway. There is clear evidence of human habitation" Edelgard said while looking around the passage

"People living under Garreg Mach..." Hilda murmured "Oh! My brother used to tell me stories like that back in his academy days. Hilda said

"Ah so Holst attended the academy as well, then? Claude asked

"Of course. Back then, there were tons of rumors about what goes on below Garreg Mach." Hilda said "Something about tons of passages and houses beneath the town, all inhabited by super shady people" She added with a shudder "And it had a real intimidating name too! Ah, what was it again..." Hilda said "I think it was called... Abyss?!" Hilda said with an unsure tone.

"That's two points for the pink haired gal! Welcome to the Abyss, strangers" A loud voice called out, The students turned and saw a large buff man with crazed black hair and brown eyes.

"Identify yourself" Dimitri shouted while drawing closer to him, "That uniform..." He said while staring at the strange man in-front of them.

"Welcome, curious students of the Officers Academy! What brings such, fine upstanding surface dwellers to our humble abode" The man said.

"We're tracking someone who was creeping around the monastery," Claude said.

"Our business here does not concern you" Edelgard snapped "Do you intend to let us pass?" she added.

"Ahaha!" A woman with curly blonde and purple hair stepped out besides the man laughing "Such indulgence simply cannot be permitted" she said "Your words may fool the fool, but I cannot be so easily deceived!" The woman laughed loudly "I Constance Von Nuvelle, shall divine your true intentions" Constance stated. "You are here by order of the church... which cruelly plots to eliminate the inhabitants of the Abyss!" She shouted.

"You think the church wants to eliminate you?" Byleth asked, looking to Constance with questioning eyes. while Edelgard muttered something under her breath.

"I don't care what the reason for this brawl is. A fight's on the menu, and i'm ready to feast" The man stated, "Let's get right to it, yeah?" he added.

Dimitri turned to his classmates "By the look of them, I'd wager they're experienced combatants. I'm not certain this is a wise endeavor" he said

"I was thinking the very same thing. Time to make a strategic retreat, then?" Claude suggested. As Claude said this another man stepped out, he was very feminine looking and had both purple eyes and hair.

"Turning back already?" The new man said, "Oh, but you'll make me so sad" he whined with a grin then said "Now why would you wanna do that?". they drew closer to them revealing another woman she was tan and had pink eyes and hair, the man continued on "Everyone here is so starved for amusement. They've been waiting for a good fight" he added.

"Wow, look at that" Claude said "A flawless example of a surprise attack" he said sarcastically "These aren't your run of the mill thugs" Claude added

"Claude" Dimitri groaned "This isn't the time to be impressed by our enemy" he scolded "We must find a way through at once" Dimitri said sternly.

"Wait..." The first man said turning towards Claude "Claude, is it?" He asked "As in the brand new heir of House Riegan?" the man said in shock.

"Who, me?" Claude asked "Nah. Wrong guy" he added "Claude's a common name in Fodlan, it's just too dashing for new moms to pass up" Claude said. "It's even a popular choice for fake names" he added with a wink "Just a good, solid, all- purpose moniker, you know?" Claude said looking at the man.