The Beast:

Claude:

Claude ran from the battlefield to the infirmary, once he finally reached the infirmary there was a mage in there, "I need your help healing her" Claude said to the mage as he entered the room.

"What happened?" The mage asked with wide eyes, looking over Byleth's injuries, on the left side Byleth's light green hair was soaked in her blood, she had to have a wound there. Claude just didn't know how bad it was yet.

Claude sighed "I think she hit her head" he said "Begin treating her immediately, I'll send Marianne to come help you" he said, the mage nodded and began cleaning away at her head after Claude had laid Byleth down on one of the cots. Then Claude took off to go and find Marianne.

Claude rushed back out to the entrance of Garreg Mach to find Marianne, after a bit of searching he saw her sitting beside Hilda healing one of her wounds. "Marianne!" Claude shouted. Marianne jumped a little, Claude felt bad for startling her but now isn't really the time for that. "I need you to go to the infirmary room right now" he stated.

Marianne's eyes grew wide, "Is everything alright?" she asked.

Claude shook his head, "Byleth is injured, she passed out not long ago" he said, a look of shock fell over Hilda's and Marianne's faces "I need you to heal her" he added.

Marianne nodded and got up right away, "Of course" she said "I will do all that I can" she added then took off to the infirmary.

"What the hell happened to Byleth?" Hilda demanded.

"Byleth was about to get hit by an axe and Dimitri pushed her out of the way, which resulted in her hitting her head on the ground fairly hard" Claude said.

Hilda was quiet for a moment, "Is Byleth alright?" she asked.

"I don't know" Claude sighed as he sat beside Hilda, "Is it bad that I'm angry at Dimitri for this?" he asked Hilda.

Hilda shrugged, "I can't tell you how to feel" she said "But... I don't think he would intentionally hurt Byleth" she said, "Despite the layer of angst he's put up I still think he cares" she sighed "Well at least about her" she added.

"I thought that at first too" Claude sighed "But I'm not so sure about it anymore" he added. Claude stood up and looked to Hilda, "Well good chatting with you, I should probably tell Jeralt" he said, Hilda nodded.

"I'll go see how Byleth is doing" Hilda said while standing up.

Claude nodded then left to go find Jeralt.

Claude found Jeralt with Dimitri standing beside him, by the looks of it, Dimitri was telling him what had happened and to Claude's surprise Jeralt didn't lash out at Dimitri. He simply offered the man a few words of comfort that he didn't intend to hurt her, Dimitri looked down to the floor in what seemed to be shame, but in all honesty, Claude didn't know for certain. It could have been indifference for all he knew.

Claude sighed, he should probably check to make sure Byleth's ok, he thought.

Dimitri:

Dimitri stood in the cathedral in front of the pile of rubble, two days had passed since the incident with Byleth. She has yet to woken up, despite Jeralt's words of comfort Dimitri knew from the glares that he received from Claude and Holst that they deemed he is responsible for her current state. Dimitri felt the same way, but he wouldn't express the guilt he felt to them, he didn't deserve their pity or their anger, Dimitri is a beast, he doesn't need them.

Dimitri's thoughts were broken by Glenn deciding to make his presence know, "It's about time you finally took initiative to kill her" he stated "Now you won't have her as a distraction" he added.