The Church of Seiros:

Mercedes:

Emile walked closely behind Mercedes as they made their way to where Edelgard and Hubert were.

Mercedes smiled slightly at the thought of her little Brother trying to be protective, she should be the one protecting.

Well it mattered not, who did what.

Emile never spoke a word as they reached the former Emperor and dark mage.

Edelgard turned around quickly and raised her axe... A Hero's Relic?

"Ah, my apologies," Edelgard said and lowered her weapon "I thought perhaps that you were both Church soldiers" she added.

Mercedes nodded and smiled, "No worries, I understand" she said.

"Lady Edelgard" Hubert called out as he was squinting around at the battlefield, "The enemy's movement is suspicious" he murmured "I think they may have some tactic in mind" he added.

Edelgard nodded, "If so, then let's face them without delay. We'll form a defensive line and hold it to the death" she said then turned to Mercedes and Jeritza, "Strike down all who approach!" she commanded.

Mercedes had a feeling that was more to Emile than it was to her.

Anger flared briefly in Mercedes, is that all she sees her sweet Emile as? The blood thirsty Death Knight?

While they are at the monastery Mercedes will gladly work to rectify that image of him.

She followed Edelgard and Hubert as they led the way through the narrow passage on the right side of the monastery, it was overgrown with weeds and grass.

"Brace yourselves" Edelgard called out, then a church soldier lunged out of nowhere at her.

Mercedes was about to cast a fire spell, but Hubert beat her to it and fired a Miasma ball at the soldier.

"Are you alright Lady Edelgard?" Hubert asked.

Edelgard nodded, "Yes, I merely got a scratch" she added.

Mercedes approached Edelgard and cast a heal spell on her.

"Ah, thank you," Edelgard said.

Mercedes nodded, "It was no trouble" she said.

Hubert walked ahead of them, "Lady Edelgard this part re-unites us with Claude's group" he said and paused for a moment, "Which looks to be for the best" he added.

Edelgard frowned, "What do you mean?" she asked.

"More troops came out of hiding," Hubert said.

Edelgard nodded, "Alright, let us go and help them then" she said and began heading that way, Mercedes and Emile followed as well.

"Hey!" Claude called out "Perfect timing" he added.

"It seems so," Edelgard replied and squinted off in the distance at the soldiers who were heading their way. "Is that Seteth?" Edelgard asked, she sounded uncertain.

Claude looked in that direction, "Well I'll be damned" he said while shaking his head "I knew we would have to fight him sooner or later... But I didn't anticipate it being this soon" he added.

Edelgard nodded, "As did I" she sighed "But we cannot falter from this path either" she said sadly "So we must forge on" she added and raised her axe.

Claude sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, I know" he said "But that speech was a bit depressing" he added.

Edelgard frowned at him, "The truth is depressing" she said bluntly.

Claude nodded "Yeah, which is why we should do what we can to keep people in high spirits" he said.