Awakening:

*Author's note:

Ok, so in this chapter there are adult themes, however I won't be publishing them on Watt pad, well at least the parts that have sex in it, this is because of the rating that it is at right now, also it gives people who don't want to read something with smut in it the ability to read it without feeling uncomfortable. If anyone is interested in reading the full version it is on Archive of our own,  it will be the same chapter as this one and the series title remains the same. Sorry if this is inconvenient to anyone, and I hope you enjoy! 

Dimitri:

Dimitri knocked at Byleth's door, after a few seconds he heard her begin to shuffle to the door. Dimitri was a bit surprised that she had actually been in her room this morning, ever since Jeralt was wounded at the chapel she's been by his side, waiting and hoping that Jeralt would wake up. The door opened "Hello Dimitri" Byleth said softly, she looked like she hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. "What are you doing here?" Byleth asked.

"I came to check on you," Dimitri said, "I hadn't seen you in a while, and I wanted to check on you to make sure you were ok" he added.

"I see..." Byleth mumbled, "I'm fine Dimitri, thank you for your visit" she said, and began to close the door. Dimitri gripped the door before she shut it and opened it, he then proceeded to enter her room and close the door behind him.

"Byleth, you are not fine" Dimitri said, taking a step toward her, he looked around her room and everything was surprisingly clean. "Hmm? what's this?" he said walking towards her desk, on there he saw an old leather bound book.

Byleth sighed "It's my Father's" she said, "It's his diary" she added.

"Hm? That's a little surprising" Dimitri said "I wouldn't take Jeralt as the type" he added.

Byleth let out a weak laugh "Yeah, me neither" she sighed.

"Did you find what you think Jeralt was going to talk to you about in there?" Dimitri asked. He had a feeling that Jeralt was going to tell Byleth about what Jeralt had told Dimitri a few moons ago, but he didn't think he should be the one to tell her.

Byleth hesitated for a moment "Give your hand" she demanded, Dimitri complied and Byleth put it on her chest.

"Byleth this is improper," Dimitri said as his face began to grow hot.

"No heartbeat" Byleth said "I don't have a heartbeat" she said, He paused for a moment. Byleth really didn't have a heartbeat.

"I know," Dimitri said, he looked away from her.

"You knew?" Byleth said in shock "How?" she asked.

"Jeralt told me," Dimitri said.

"How long ago?" Byleth asked.

"A few moons ago" Dimitri replied, "I'm sorry, I should have told you sooner but I thought it would be best to hear it from Jeralt" he said quickly.

"It's fine Dimitri" Byleth sighed, she paused for a moment "Did he tell you that he thought Rhea did something to me as a baby?" Byleth asked.

Dimitri nodded "Yes, he mentioned that as well" he said.

"I see, did he tell you who my Mother was?" Byleth asked.

"No he did not divulge into that" Dimitri responded, "Who was she?" he asked. Dimitri had a feeling that she had to have some significance to the church.

"She's Rhea's daughter," Byleth said.

Dimitri paused for a moment "Rhea's daughter?" He echoed "So that means... that you are..." he began "You're Rhea's Grand- daughter" Dimitri uttered.