Two Sides of the Same Coin:

Byleth:

"So, what is our game plan?" Claude asked as he sat beside Byleth.

Byleth looked up from her plate, "Right now?" she sighed "So demanding, I can't even enjoy lunch" she added with a slight frown.

Claude chuckled, "Oh, come on" he said while shaking his head "You know you already have a plan" he added.

"Maybe..." Byleth hummed, "Although, it's best we wait for their attack then take the defensive" she said.

Claude tilted his head in confusion, "What do you mean?" he asked.

"We let them in the outer parts of the monastery, like how it was when the Empire invaded" Byleth said "That way we leave any of the neighboring towns out of the fighting" she added.

Claude nodded, "That makes sense" he said "So we just sit and wait for them to attack then, huh?".

Byleth nodded, "Yes, exactly" she replied.

Claude was silent for a moment, "I still can't believe that Rhea actually had the audacity to demand we give you up to her" he said while shaking his head.

Byleth raised her eyebrows at him, "Does that really surprise you?" she laughed.

Claude smiled slightly, "I suppose it shouldn't" he hummed.

Byleth was silent for a moment, "It's so weird to think that we'll soon come face to face with Rhea" she said.

Claude looked to her, "Are you afraid?" he asked.

Was she?

Byleth frowned, "I don't know" she said.

Claude nodded, "Understandable" he sighed "In all honesty, I'm a little afraid" he said.

"Oh, yeah?" Byleth asked.

Claude nodded, "Yeah, definitely" he said "She can turn into a freaking dragon" he added.

Byleth laughed, "I suppose you have a point" she said pausing for a moment "Claude if I should die during any of our battles, just know I enjoyed being alongside all of you guys" she said.

Claude frowned, "Yesh, that was depressing Byleth" he said.

Byleth smiled softly, "I know" she sighed then got up from her seat "I'll see you later Claude'' she said and left from the dining hall.

They had been back for a day already and things were slowly getting to where they needed to be.

"Byleth" A voice called out to her.

Byleth turned around to see Edelgard.

"No Hubert?" Byleth asked.

Edelgard shook her head and laughed softly, "No" she said "No, Hubert" she added.

"That must have taken a lot of persuasion," Byleth said.

Edelgard nodded her head, "It did" she sighed "I'm not even the emperor anymore and yet I still have to beg for a moment to myself" she added while shaking her head.

Byleth smiled a little at the thought of it.

"Oh? Do you find it amusing that I long for time to myself?" Edelgard said.

"A little" Byleth replied with a smile. Edelgard shook her head in disapproval "Anyhow, how are you adjusting?" Byleth asked.

Edelgard laughed slightly, "It has only been a day" she reminded "Although I will admit it is nice to be amongst our former classmates once again" she said "I just worry that Hubert does not share the same sentiment" she added.