Arianrhod Part One:

Dimitri:

It was sunrise.

Dimitri was the first one to reach the stables to leave for Arianrhod. Truthfully, he was nervous.

There were many things that could happen, for one troops could show up there at any time, but...

Taking back such an important fort would be extremely beneficial to them, there was no denying that but still Dimitri was a bit apprehensive about it.

For all they knew it could be a big trap.

Dimitri sighed, out of the corner of his eye he made out mint green hair.

Was... Was she trying to stay out of his sight?

Dimitri frowned at the thought, but he knew it was a possibility.

"Just leave her be" Glenn hissed, the thought saddened Dimitri, but... Glenn was probably right. As much as it pained him to admit, Byleth didn't seem like she wanted to be around him more so than normal.

"So, what your plan is to push them away, so they don't feel bad later?".

Edelgard had said that when Dimitri was eavesdropping on their conversation.

As enlightening as it was to hear something that could help Dimitri figure out what she was hiding, it seemed to only puzzle him further.

What is she hiding?

Slowly as the sun grew higher in the sky more people began to arrive.

"Boar" Felix called out from behind him.

Dimitri turned to greet his friend, "Hello Felix" he said while nodding.

Felix frowned at him, "Your bags under your eyes are darker" he said bluntly "Did you even sleep?" he questioned.

No.

Dimitri rubbed the back of his neck, "I had a hard time falling asleep is all" he replied.

Felix didn't seem to buy his excuse, "You idiot" he said sternly "What happens if you get injured from exhaustion" he added.

Dimitri looked to the ground; he really hadn't expected this lecture from Felix.

"Calm down Felix" Sylvain's voice called out as he approached them, "His Highness looks so dejected, like a kicked puppy" he laughed "How can you just yell at him like that without remorse" Sylvain added while shaking his head.

"I'm a cat person," Felix said bluntly.

Sylvain frowned and shook his head once more, "Not my point Felix" he sighed "You can't just yell at His Highness like that" he said sternly.

"Oh, but you get to tease him" Felix rebutted.

"That's different," Sylvain said "His Highness needs my teasing, or he gets nowhere" he added.

"Ah, right like you and Ingrid" Felix said.

Blush crept on Sylvain's cheeks, "I don't know what you're talking about" he said.

Felix shook his head, "Yeah, right" he said.

The two of them bickered like that till they had left the monastery.

It would take them a day at most to reach Arianrhod, Dimitri was longing for the cold frigid air of Fhirdiad, but the warmer breeze of Arianrhod would have to suffice for the time being. It was certainly colder than it was at Garreg Mach, although not by that much. But still it was better than nothing. Although now that Dimitri thought about it a good majority of his companions were from areas significantly warmer than Faerghus was, this might prove to be hard for them.