Castle Gaspard:

Byleth:

The Garland moon quickly passed by Byleth thought to herself as she laid in bed trying to fall asleep, the month was close to being over and the mission that the Blue Lions had was tomorrow. Byleth knew that her class was just there to help clean up the aftermath of what had transpired however she couldn't shake this feeling that they would be drawn into combat. Byleth was especially worried about how this would affect Ashe, as it turns out he had been adopted by Lord Lanato and he held him on a pedestal. She hoped that he would perhaps just yield so that his life might be spared but it didn't look like it was going to end up that way. 

Byleth sighed and tried to push that out of her mind, she instead began to focus on how her and Claude have yet to find out what the immaculate one was exactly. It was so frustrating and it didn't help that the only solid piece of evidence of it's existence was taken away from them, stupid Seteth she thought taking away their only viable source. 

Byleth stood up, she realized that she wasn't falling asleep anytime soon and so she left her room and began to wander aimlessly through the monastery.

Once Byleth had her fill of fresh air she began to head back to her room, she passed through the area that had all the other students' rooms as well and she heard a strange noise "Uhh... Agh... Fath... Save...". 

It sounded like a person Byleth wondered if maybe Sylvain had brought a girl to his room, she shook her head "Perhaps it was a ghost" Sothis chipped in, I doubt it Byleth thought back. 

After a bit of further inspection Byleth realized that it came from Edelgards room, and so Byleth knocked on the door. "No... Agh... huh?! Who's there?!" Edelgard called out and then the door swung open "Byleth... What are you doing here? Edelgard asked surprised.

"I heard something" Byleth responded "I came to see that you were alright" she added.

"Oh? Perhaps I was talking in my sleep." Edelgard said.

"Bad dreams?" Byleth asked. 

"Ah so you heard me, then" Edelgard said with a chuckle "Yes, it was a nightmare. I've had them since I was a child." Edelgard said quietly "Stupid, pointless dreams I can't control... It's terribly frustrating" She added, Byleth asked Edelgard what they were about and she said it was about before she had realized her destiny. 

Byleth wondered what she could possibly mean by that "Hmm I suppose it's none of my business" Byleth said.

"Perhaps not. Still, here you are. Maybe I can trust you with this..." Edelgard said "But only if you swear not to tell a soul" She added.

"Of course" Byleth said "Thank you, I appreciate it" Edelgard whispered. Edelgard began telling her about her family and how she had ten siblings in total "Such a large family, and yet I became heir to the throne. Do you know why?" Edelgard said "I was the only one left who could inherit the throne" She said with a sob in her throat "Every last one of them was crippled by disease or lost their mind or died" Edelgard added "I dream... of my older brother, paralyzed, helpless... my older sister crying for help that never came... the youngest babbling words beyond meaning." Edelgard choked out. 

"How could such a thing happen..." Byleth said shocked.

Edelgard told her how things only got worse and she was the sole survivor "The nightmares are a reminder... to never forget. To never allow such a terrible thing to happen again" Edelgard stated sadly 

"Never again..." Byleth asked. 

Edelgard told Byleth that the future of everything depends on her, "Hm... I shared more than I intended to. I suppose there's something in the air tonight" Edelgard stated "I've never told anyone about my past before. Please... forget I said anything. Sleep well Byleth" Edelgard said.